cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not accepting my voucher.

JayneD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a 30$ voucher this afternoon, ive typed the pin in multiple times but it wont accept it. An error message comes up saying i need to verify the voucher, and to call *611 but the call wont go through! My plan is 45$ but i have 18$ credit already on there, so i dont see the problem being money related. I really need my phone, please help! Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Nice catch as that maybe the case....which plan the OP is on will have to wait until she replies. If it's a grandfathered plan then she may not want to change it especially the sought after $60 Canada/US roaming plan that had 8gb of domestic data and 2gb of US roaming data.

@JayneD 

Have you found a way to pay for your plan renewal? Where are you located maybe a community member can help you out?

@darlicious   Difficult to know which plan OP is on as they never updated their thread from 3 weeks ago...but yeah if they're on the Canada/US roaming plan, then it may not be worthwhile changing plans.   Hopefully, she'll come back and update this thread.

@dabr 

Nice catch as that maybe the case....which plan the OP is on will have to wait until she replies. If it's a grandfathered plan then she may not want to change it especially the sought after $60 Canada/US roaming plan that had 8gb of domestic data and 2gb of US roaming data.

@JayneD 

Have you found a way to pay for your plan renewal? Where are you located maybe a community member can help you out?

If OP is still on the same plan mentioned on this post from two years ago, then she's (guessing) on the $45 plan, unless they opted to change it since that time which is possible as a more recent post by OP wondered why they weren't seeing 10GB of data in their plan.  

2019 posthttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Not-accepting-my-voucher/m-p/359818

From 3 weeks ago:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-Question/m-p/678411

I have distilled my interpretation of @JayneD original post down to her account being purposefully suspended likely awhile ago and now worrying about not letting it go past 90 days in suspension and becoming completely deactivated. Not certain why there is $30 on the account, must have been there when the account was allowed to suspend (probably by removing the credit card info). Now another $11 is needed to renew for 30 days and with credit card removed it isn't easy to accomplish. 

As mentioned, if the phone isn't really needed it should be switched down to the $15 plan and renewed. But maybe a moderator is needed to accomplish this since it was last on the $40 or $45 plan?

AE_Collector

@JayneD 

Keep in mind you will not be able to use the rewards in your account to renew you will have to pay the entire plan amount to renew. So @softech suggestion may be the best to keep your service active and avoid your account being cancelled/deactivated. You could even select the $15 plan for the moment if you are mostly using wifi at home for your data needs.

@JayneD 

Has your credit card expired recently? Do you have a new billing address? Are you getting a message saying your bank has denied the transaction?

@softech wrote:

@JayneD wrote:

My phone has been deactivated for a while.. and I'm trying to avoid you guys shutting it down. 

Make sure it does not go past 90 days.

Just in case you are really desperate .. you might want to consider moving down your plan to $25 and activate first since you have $30.  Not the best solution.. but keep that in mind just in case

@JayneD   I think this is a great suggestion allowing you to use the current account credit to pay and get a working phone. 

BTW sounds like you might on the $45 plan (with autopay/other reward = $41?), so if you opt to drop down for this payment cycle to the $25 plan you will not be able to get back to your old plan if it was the $45 as it's no longer offered.   

Of course, depending upon your data usage/needs, you can always schedule another plan change (after you reactivate) for the next cycle to one of the current ready made plans, which have recently been tweaked to include more data on a couple of plans. 

However, please keep in mind that if you are on a plan that is no longer offered, then any changes you make now will mean you won't be able to return to your old plan.

Here's PM's current plans/prices options:

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

Do you have your credit card registered for Autopay on the account? Is your account active with phone working at the moment or has it been deactivated because there isn't enough $ in your account to renew? If deactivated...how long approximately? 

Normally if you are set up for Autopay to credit card and you have $30 in your account, renewal would use the $30 and put the remaining ~$11 onto your credit card at renewal and all would be good.

We are customers of Public Mobile who help people with problems. We aren’t Public Mobile so it isn't “us guys” who would be shutting you down. Just FYI...

AE_Collector

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JayneD Don't worry about loosing your number/plan, if you do not pay for your account, your account will go into a "suspended state" for 90 days. If you make no payment before 90 days run out, your account will be deleted, and you will lose your phone number

@JayneD wrote:

My phone has been deactivated for a while.. and I'm trying to avoid you guys shutting it down. 

Make sure it does not go past 90 days.

Just in case you are really desperate .. you might want to consider moving down your plan to $25 and activate first since you have $30.  Not the best solution.. but keep that in mind just in case

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayneD : recharge.com . They take Paypal or credit cards. You'll get an email with a code. Use the 611 service to enter it. They cost a little bit more (not much) but they're convenient.

If you know anybody in AB you could get them to buy you one and then tell you the PIN. Pay only 5% tax.

JayneD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not able to get a voucher right now, i am disabled and have no  vehicle at my disposal. My phone has been deactivated for a while.. and I'm trying to avoid you guys shutting it down. 

I have 30$ IN the account, I'm missing 11$.. but I'm not able to pay the bill with my credit card? I'm very confused and not happy at all.. I just want to be able to pay my bill from home! 

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had to dial *611 twice just now - the first time it didn't connect for several minutes. When I tried ringing again, it worked.

I think the whole back-end system is experiencing some kind of meltdown. When I checked my account earlier, I had no plan. Several hours later it finally reappeared.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JayneD wrote:

I bought a 30$ voucher this afternoon, ive typed the pin in multiple times but it wont accept it. An error message comes up saying i need to verify the voucher, and to call *611 but the call wont go through! My plan is 45$ but i have 18$ credit already on there, so i dont see the problem being money related. I really need my phone, please help! Thanks.

@JayneD  Here is what the PM KB article suggests:

Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

Need Help? Let's chat.