cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not accepting my Credit Card

diane_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm trying to activate my SIM card but it will not accept my Credit Card. I contacted my credit card company and they see nothing wrong. I am using a Costco Platinum Mastercard. 

Please help!

Diane

8 REPLIES 8

a_c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You may try using a different browser. It works for me.

Rezoid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happened to me yesterday, called the credit card company after many attempts, clearing browser history and trying different browsers.  I finally went down to the Petro Canada station and purchased a voucher for enough dollars to cover the initial first payment and managed to get through the activation process.
Once I made it passed the registration and I was activated, I had no problem adding the credit card to the account.

@diane_h 

Just to add to @popping post....

1. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  2. Double check your address with the official Canada Post address as you may need to tweak it by adding a suite # in your street address or put directions (east, west etc...) in correctly. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE E, YOUR TOWN, PROV, CANADA
  3. Do not use autofill.

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had this happen to me when I signed up too. I had to contact the moderators to get them to unlock my card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@diane_h 

Restart your browser and start over again.

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

diane_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks,

I contacted the mod team and hopefully they can fix it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello Diane,

Try clearing your browser's cache and opening a tab in incognito mode.

If you tried to many times, the system may have locked you out. But wait 50 minutes then try again.

Note:

"We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank."

If still having issues ask the moderators for help.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.