cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Being Able to Pay After My Plan Has Expired and I Have Missed the Payment

KimSh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have missed my payment and my plan has expired. Now I want to reactivate and also change my plan. I want to go to the $25 plan and no matter how many times I change my plan, the reactivation payment is stuck at $10. Is this $10 extra for activation?

Also public does not let me use my credit card. I have tried 2 credit cards, they are fully charged, and work with other payments.

Would appreciate the help, since this is my first month in Canada and I need my phone number.

I would be thankful if @CS_Agent could help me.

11 REPLIES 11

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @KimSh,

Happy to check this out for you, but I have checked and the line seems renewed.

Is there any other line we need to look into?

Have a great day,

Oana 🙂

KimSh

@johnpaul wrote:

@KimSh 

The $10 amount owing is from your previous plan. Ignore this. If you have successfully changed your plan to $25 (if this is the one appearing in your overview in self serve). Purchase a voucher or try adding to your available funds (via your credit card if it works in Canada). The amount you need to add is 25 minus your available funds. Say you have $5 in your available funds, add at least $20 and you will see that your account will be reactivated immediately on plan 25. Do not rely on auto-pay. It doesn't work very well.

Let us know if this resolves your problem. 

This answer was the best. Also I tried putting in an older address before changing the current one, and it worked for me.

KimSh

@GinYVR wrote:

@KimShMake sure you leave Apt # field empty also make sure postal code doesn't have space and is 6 characters long.

Thanks but I still get the same error.

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

KimSh

I also performed that and this is the error I get:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KimSh  - Try clearing your browser's cache, or using your browser in Privacy or Incognito mode.

KimSh

Thank you, this does answer my first problem, but none of our credits that are issued in Canada works. I get errors each time.

@KimShMake sure you leave Apt # field empty also make sure postal code doesn't have space and is 6 characters long.

KimSh

Thank you for your answer but my credit card is issued in Canada

johnpaul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@KimSh 

The $10 amount owing is from your previous plan. Ignore this. If you have successfully changed your plan to $25 (if this is the one appearing in your overview in self serve). Purchase a voucher or try adding to your available funds (via your credit card if it works in Canada). The amount you need to add is 25 minus your available funds. Say you have $5 in your available funds, add at least $20 and you will see that your account will be reactivated immediately on plan 25. Do not rely on auto-pay. It doesn't work very well.

Let us know if this resolves your problem. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KimShPublic Mobile only accepts credit cards that are issued in Canada.. so that can be a potential issue if you are new to Canada.

You can purchase a prepaid credit card like Vanilla.

I would suggest you go to a store to purchase a voucher for $25 and use 611 or selfserve to add money to your account, then purchase a $25 plan.

You can purchase vouchers fromPublic Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

Need Help? Let's chat.