cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No up-date credit card option.

Is there an option to update ones existing Credit Card in auto pay?

The expiry date on the card used in auto pay has been renewed but I can't find a way to update the card in auto pay. The only option I see is to delete the existing card and replace it.

Accepted Solutions
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: No up-date credit card option.

Hi @Beer 

No 'edit' feature in manage card. There should at least be an area where expiry dates can be amended. 

I've found that when just updating credit card expiry dates with some other merchants, they seem to go through asking again for the credit card number, name on card, CCV#.   I believe they, too, may be doing a complete delete and re-entering the card again, too. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
will13am
Oracle

WYSIWYG.  Updating the current card would be identical to editing.  I don't believe such option ever existed.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Beer 

No 'edit' feature in manage card. There should at least be an area where expiry dates can be amended. 

I've found that when just updating credit card expiry dates with some other merchants, they seem to go through asking again for the credit card number, name on card, CCV#.   I believe they, too, may be doing a complete delete and re-entering the card again, too. 

View solution in original post

LoreckAvery

I’m glad you asked this, Something that I’m going to have to do soon too! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LoreckAvery 

More often than not the first autopay failure a customer experiences is caused by an expired card. But if you don't rely on autopay (except for the $2 reward) then updating the expiry date is only necessary  if you actually need to use it.  

BasesLoadedWalk

@darlicious wrote:

@LoreckAvery 

More often than not the first autopay failure a customer experiences is caused by an expired card. But if you don't rely on autopay (except for the $2 reward) then updating the expiry date is only necessary  if you actually need to use it.  

The credit card on my file expired in 2019...haven't needed to use this card since my rewards more than pay for my entire service. It's probably a good suggestion if PM would email customers warning about soon to be expiring credit cards. Other merchants do this.

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

just a heads up...

It took me 3 days to update my credit card info because of a missing hyphen in my address in the billing info. Had to contact a moderator who contacted the finance dept....yada yada yada.

Meanwhile able to update cc info on many other platforms with a few mouse clicks.

VERY FRUSTRATING!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BasesLoadedWalk 

Actually there is an "update your credit card expiry date" text message but it may be YMMV as

it was being widely reported as being recieved by users last summers.

Need Help? Let's chat.