cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after autopay

Jeffreypiercey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

My wife and I are both having troubles. We cannot text, call or use data today. Our autopay happened today (confirmed on my CC statement and self service) but now we don't have service. When I log in it says our accounts are active and we're up to date. This happened once before but it resolved quickly. 

Please advise. 

23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Thanks for looping me in. I bravo'd geopublic because I agreed with him.

@geopublic , it's probably best to seek moderator team assistance.  Doing the lost phone toggle will affect rewards next month.  
@will13am wrote:

@geopublic , I am not aware of a time limited impact from the lost phone toggle.  If you know of what that timing is, please share.  

I believe it is 29 days.

Here is the thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Autopay-reward-Do-not-use-lost-stolen-trick-I...

@darlicious  wrote:

"

Re: Autopay reward: Do not use lost/stolen trick
It's official.....the fix is in!!!

I heard back from the moderators today in regards to the Auto pay reward being applied automatically at renewal this month in the bf's account after being forced to use the lost/stolen feature in his account....again. The same moderator that dealt with the original service ticket on Christmas Day responded to my request today. He first confirmed there was no issue in particular in the account causing the the reward to not be applied two months ago and previous to that date.

The good news was with the application of the autopay reward during this months renewal confirmed for public mobile that recent updates and system improvements specifically aimed at rewards had fixed the glitch causing rewards to not be applied at renewal for a temporary suspension. Going forward suspending your account temporarily using the lost/stolen feature for essentially 29 days or less in a 30 day period will not affect your rewards being applied upon renewal as long as your account is not suspended at the time of renewal. All rewards will be applied and credited to your balance.

This also frees up the use of the lost/stolen feature for troubleshooting if waiting for a moderator is not possible to fix some account issues that are known to reprovision and benefit from this technique. Public mobile still prefers customers to contact the moderators to fix issues stemming from your self serve account.

Yet another glitch fixed by public mobile as per "Dave's Open Letter" posted in early January that will add up to a marked improvement for all users by years end."

@will13am @Anonymous  The lost /stolen trick will not affect rewards as long as it's not used longer than 29 days or more specifically thru the the renewal process. Confirmed by pm and tried and tested twice now.....rewards were applied upon renewal.

Edit: oops.... @geopublic too....

@geopublic , I am not aware of a time limited impact from the lost phone toggle.  If you know of what that timing is, please share.  

@will13am wrote:

@geopublic , it's probably best to seek moderator team assistance.  Doing the lost phone toggle will affect rewards next month.  

@will13am  My understanding is that the lost/stolen reset for a short period of time will not affect rewards anymore and that is why I started recommending it again. If you know otherwise please let us know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gary553 wrote:

I did the dollar top up thing and it didn't help.  Contacted a moderator who replied fairly quickly.  He reset my account and the phone began working, and after a few minutes, the texts began to work as well.  Thank you to Carlos for his quick response to this issue.

Great update. Thanks for letting us know the response time of them.

Gary553

I did the dollar top up thing and it didn't help.  Contacted a moderator who replied fairly quickly.  He reset my account and the phone began working, and after a few minutes, the texts began to work as well.  Thank you to Carlos for his quick response to this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sharonsherman wrote:

Yea, I wasn't really all that serious about the $1 thing. What I meant was none of the other tricks worked so I really don't expect that one to work either. I do appreciate the help though Gary. Thanks!!

Suit yourself. Enjoy waiting for the mods in this short-staffed time.

What if...??

sharonsherman

Yea, I wasn't really all that serious about the $1 thing. What I meant was none of the other tricks worked so I really don't expect that one to work either. I do appreciate the help though Gary. Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gary553 , @sharonsherman 

These are known workable workaround suggestions to not have to wait for the moderators. Give them a try. Unless you're tight on money...it's only a dollar. And it'll just stay there for your next renewal or to buy add-ons.

@Gary553  the lost/ stolen trick doesn't affect rewards this issue was cleared up by fellow PMer @darlicious and confirmed by PM. If you are having problems using Simon, please contact the moderators directly through private message here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gary553

Didn't do the lost phone or add a dollar.  Still get message from Public Mobile that talk is not included in my package although it is and shows I have hundreds of minutes available.  I will try to get a moderator, but even that is not working well

sharonsherman

I had to create a ticket. Currently, I hope, a mod is looking into my issue.

sharonsherman

I've tried every trick expect for the adding $1 and nothing works. I suspect that wouldn't work either and I would be out another $1  😉

@sharonsherman , did the tricks work for you? Or did you have to contact the moderators? Thanks.

@Gary553 try the same tricks that I mentioned above, and contact the moderators if they don't work. Thanks.

sharonsherman

Yep - I paid it this morning and my account actually says $0 balance with my next autopay due in 3 months but my services are not restored.

Must be a virus.  badum-bum.

Gary553

Exactly the same thing happened to me.  My texts won't go out and when I try to phone, it says I don't have phone service in my package.  My account also shows everything is paid up.

@sharonsherman 

Your service wasn't actually cut off early. The self srrve website shows inaccrate infotmation.  Currentlu, the date shown there is the start day of the new billing cycle. The 11:59pm part the message shouldn't be there. However, I will say that with a valid card and autopay enabled, your service shouldn't have stopped working.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jeffreypiercey wrote:

Hello, 

My wife and I are both having troubles. We cannot text, call or use data today. Our autopay happened today (confirmed on my CC statement and self service) but now we don't have service. When I log in it says our accounts are active and we're up to date. This happened once before but it resolved quickly. 

Please advise. 

Try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick a1.PNG

A2.PNG

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

@Jeffreypiercey , @sharonsherman Try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue onward and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

sharonsherman

same thing has happened to me. My Auto pay was for 11:59 pm on March 30th but my account was suspended early in the day March 30. I paid the balance due early in the morning today, March 31st, but I still have no service.

I do recall this happening before and my service was restored later that day. I will wait until this afternoon to follow up if I still do not have service.

Need Help? Let's chat.