cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No renewing while having enough available funds

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

I was wondering, is there a way to not renew your plan (and to go in suspended/expired status) at the end of your billing cycle while having enough available funds to cover the renewal?

If possible, I guess you would have to contact the mods beforehand?

6 REPLIES 6

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cw2017 wrote:

How long can your suspended service stay in limbo for before you lose your number

@cw2017

Your account can be in expired/suspended for up to 89 days before you lose your plan and number.  I believe the 90th day after expiry results in account removal.

You can click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your e-mail address and phone number.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

cw2017
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long can your suspended service stay in limbo for before you lose your number

cw2017
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does one contact a mod?

SD08

@Someone_here wrote:

Hadn't thought of the lost/stolen feature, clever!

Other option would be to future-date a plan change for a more expensive plan than the available funds you have, if possible, and if you don't want to hold on your plan...

I was mainly wondering if mods could do it, but lost/stolen would work for sure!

Future-dating to a more expensive plan would work, but I'd make sure any credit card is removed from the account in addition to turning off autopay, or you just might find yourself with an expensive plan you don't want and good luck getting the mods to reverse that.  That's why the lost/stolen option is better.  Robot Happy

Hadn't thought of the lost/stolen feature, clever!

Other option would be to future-date a plan change for a more expensive plan than the available funds you have, if possible, and if you don't want to hold on your plan...

I was mainly wondering if mods could do it, but lost/stolen would work for sure!

SD08

The system is set up so that renewals are automatic if there are sufficient funds in your account. One thing you could do to stop the renewal is to declare your phone lost in the PM self-serve account. Otherwise, I would think you'd have to get a moderator to stop any renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.