cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No call services only sms since auto top up failed

angiegeronimo18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Auto top failed for plan $25. Paid online last mon. Only sms work. No incoming, outgoing or voicemail. Message the mod. On and off phone. Took the sim. I really need to call someone on my phone. No landline.

Its quiet hard to get help here. Looking to find better services.

10 REPLIES 10

@hTideGnow wrote:

did you try pull the SIM , wait a minute before putting it back  and power up?

Also, if you have a spare phone, try to insert the SIM into another phone and see if anything works

@angiegeronimo18  were you able to try your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile phone to see if get all your services?

What phone model do you have?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@angiegeronimo18 You can try download a free calling APP, such as Textnow or Fongo. As long as you have wifi, you can call to North America for Free. (Fongo may have some areas that are not free).

@angiegeronimo18 

Also try:

• toggling airplane mode off/on
  • resetting your device's network connections
  • manually setting network connections to 3G if on LTE -  then switching back

I'd recommend you may also try a temporary suspend via the lost/stolen feature, then resume it to see if that may help.   This has been known to cause rewards to possibly not apply to a subsequent renewal (which if so, the Mod's will place back upon request).

did you try pull the SIM , wait a minute before putting it back  and power up?

Also, if you have a spare phone, try to insert the SIM into another phone and see if anything works

angiegeronimo18

Yeah thanks for the info. Thats why i took the auto up services so less hassle like this. But still happening. 

angiegeronimo18

Account active. No luck. Only sms

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@angiegeronimo18 

This should not be happening to you.

Public Mobile should be recognizing the impact this error (presuming you're speaking about the one last Friday/Saturday) on it's customers who trusted auto-pay would function as it should.

If you had a functioning non-expired payment card on file, and you've made a manual payment to restore services, YET you still have limited services, put through another ticket to the Moderators.

You may wish to seek some recovery for the matter, like a free 1GB or something.   Let them know you're displeased and considering moving services.

angiegeronimo18

My account says active. Reboot the phone. Took the sim. No help. Still cannot make a call. PMed the mod and submiited a ticket too.  How many times do i have to turn on and off me phone to work. I have been doing it a lot. Thanks

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log. Into your account to check the status.  If you see a reactive button then try clicking it.  Try rebooting your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@angiegeronimo18 : Have you not been getting any help from the mods in all this time?

You could use voip apps like TextNow that also does calling. They need wifi or mobile data (if that works).

Need Help? Let's chat.