cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Auto-Pay, Debit Charged?

motog7brah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All, 

Like one of the more recent posters here, I too, received a $10 credit on my account. I'm not quite sure what this has gone towards, as my balance is $0.00. 

The bigger problem is when I log on to view my transaction history, it states: "Debit (Charges) $30 + $10". I have not signed up for Auto-Pay. My plan for February was a $40/month plan including Canada-wide text & calling and 5GB/month @ 3G speed. 

I've checked by online banking account and it doesn't seem my debit card has been charged (yet). My PublicMobile account shows that I have 5GB of data to use until April 4th. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@motog7brah wrote:

I signed up on February 3rd at a Walmart: $40/month plan (Talk & Text + 5GB). No Auto-Pay. Paid by credit card. 

If your account status is active, you must have enough fund in your account to pay for your first renewal on Mar 5th.

If you pay your PM fee by credit card, self-serve will default to enable autopay unless you disable the autopay after paying something by credit card.

motog7brah

I just checked my transaction history and I feel stupid for not being able to read. 

It does say that I've paid $40 on Feb 3rd, and I've been credited $40 on Feb 4th. I guess I should count myself fortunate. Thanks for your help!

@motog7brah wrote:

I signed up on February 3rd at a Walmart: $40/month plan (Talk & Text + 5GB). No Auto-Pay. Paid by credit card. 

It looks like there was an unannounced promo on Feb 2nd and 3rd: "Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!". You must have got $40 credit for activating at the store and that is why your plan renewed for free. 

motog7brah

Hi, I only paid for the first month via Visa. Didn't sign up for Auto-Pay or provide any additional credit after initial sign-up payment at Walmart store. 

Tried attaching a screenshot, but I'm currently using a library computer and unfortunately it's not allowing me to do so. 

motog7brah

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@motog7brah  May be you already had enough balance to cover the plan cost. 

Please post a screenshot of your payment history from your self-serve account so we can understanding this better. Be sure to hide any personal info. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@motog7brah wrote:

Hi All, 

Like one of the more recent posters here, I too, received a $10 credit on my account. I'm not quite sure what this has gone towards, as my balance is $0.00. 

The bigger problem is when I log on to view my transaction history, it states: "Debit (Charges) $30 + $10". I have not signed up for Auto-Pay. My plan for February was a $40/month plan including Canada-wide text & calling and 5GB/month @ 3G speed. 

I've checked by online banking account and it doesn't seem my debit card has been charged (yet). My PublicMobile account shows that I have 5GB of data to use until April 4th. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

So when did you initially sign up and which plan did you opt for ?

Need Help? Let's chat.