cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscribers

Dale1973
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just subscribed for the $40.00 a month package and just received a text that a payment of $358.00 was applied to my credit card! What’s that about? 

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 dang, I was really hoping to get that refund!  Robot LOLRobot LOLRobot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Dale1973 wrote:

There were no charges on my credit card. Must have been a scam of some sort. Thanks for the response!

@Dale1973 yes that seems to be a scam going around.  I got (and ignored) this text the other day, for example:

Screenshot_20181028-155653.jpg

LOL, that's a good one.  A bank wants you to go to a website to reverse and charge that was made in error?  If they know they made an error, they would have already reversed the charge. Often, these type of weblinks will take you to some fake banking website, complete with company logos and everything. 

srlawren

@Dale1973 wrote:

There were no charges on my credit card. Must have been a scam of some sort. Thanks for the response!

@Dale1973 yes that seems to be a scam going around.  I got (and ignored) this text the other day, for example:

Screenshot_20181028-155653.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

@CS_Agent that's not the right link.  You want to use this one:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dale1973 ouch.  Hopefully that was just a text error and $358 didn;t actually come out of your credit card.  

Dale1973
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Dale1973

Your experience sure sounds like an oddity. I would suggest you follow the recommendations of the others and verify that this was indeed Public Mobile who sent you that text and also that it was charged to your credit card by them. In that event, contacting the Moderator team would most likely be your best bet.

If it wasn't Public Mobile, I think that you would still b be able to dispute the charge with your credit card Company if it was a case of fraud. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Dale1973 wrote:

I just subscribed for the $40.00 a month package and just received a text that a payment of $358.00 was applied to my credit card! What’s that about? 

Hopefully this is a glitch in the text message. Like others mentioned confirm with your self serve account and CC that the amount was actually charged.

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yikes....  But before coming to conclusions, could you check your account and see the amount that was charged from "Public Mobile" and confirm that was the amount charged to your card? 

Could you also please take a screenshot of the transaction history on self serve?  You can access the page required here.

The moderators can request a refund for you, but since they can't process it themselves, it'll take some time before it can be processed at the right department.  The refund (if needed) will come back but please be patient.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Dale1973 wrote:

Who did the text come from?  Did you activate at home and if so during the prices did you hit enter multiple times during the process?  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Dale1973

That is very unusual.  Can you screenshot your payment history?  (without presonal information).  Did you activate in store or at home?  What does your credit card online statement show?  

Need Help? Let's chat.