cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

Michelle112
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to Public Mobile last week, and already is being charged $40.25 for the basic $35/ month plan (which is the $35 plus tax). I set up auto pay and have a $25 referral voucher and it was supposed to be $10 off each month for the 1st 6 months (black Friday promo). Why am I being charged $40.25 only a week in? I was expecting my bill to be due after 1 month of service and was expecting it to be $23 plus tax ---> $35 base plan price -$2 (auto pay discount) - $10 (black Friday discount)  

26 REPLIES 26

Do not clear out your posts.  The reason for having a forum is so that others can research and get ideas on what to try before posting their own threads.

Removing the content of your individual posts go against the importance of keeping them as is.

Even wholesale edits to posts should not be done, as it can make further comments out of place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michelle112 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Michelle112 wrote:

ok, I'm new to all this community stuff (first time using it), I though I did click solution for KMG, I'll see if I can select both

You had originally selected yourself (kinda frowned upon here). But you can't select more than one.

Oops. I didn’t mean to do that. When I click on solution it goes to KMG’s comment. Once we have our answer are posts to be deleted?

If you're fine with KMG's post being the solution then you're done. You can also change a solution to another post. Posts and threads don't get deleted in any automatic fashion. We can all clear our posts by editing if we like. Oracles can edit/move/delete. Employees can probably too.

Michelle112

@Anonymous wrote:

@Michelle112 wrote:

ok, I'm new to all this community stuff (first time using it), I though I did click solution for KMG, I'll see if I can select both

You had originally selected yourself (kinda frowned upon here). But you can't select more than one.

Oops. I didn’t mean to do that. When I click on solution it goes to KMG’s comment. Once we have our answer are posts to be deleted?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michelle112 wrote:

Michelle112

@Michelle112 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Michelle112 wrote:

@KMG wrote:

You always have to pay full price for your first 30-day.  The credits were applied after signing up - they will now be applied to your next 30-days.

Since your plan is $35 and your balance is $37, you should be charged nothing for your next 30-days, and be left with a $2 credit (or $4 credit left if you have autopay enabled).

Awesome, Thank you 🙂

Since KMG (and stonechucker) actually answered your question it would have been nice to give them the solution...

Michelle112

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Michelle112 wrote:

@KMG wrote:

You always have to pay full price for your first 30-day.  The credits were applied after signing up - they will now be applied to your next 30-days.

Since your plan is $35 and your balance is $37, you should be charged nothing for your next 30-days, and be left with a $2 credit (or $4 credit left if you have autopay enabled).

Awesome, Thank you 🙂

Since KMG (and stonechucker) actually answered your question it would have been nice to give them the solution...

ok, I'm new to all this community stuff (first time using it), I'll see about changing

@Michelle112 wrote:

@KMG wrote:

Awesome, Thank you 🙂

@Michelle112, yes, unless you purchase add-ons for long distance, data, or roaming, those credits will be used in December for your next renewal.

Michelle112

@will13am wrote:

@Michelle112, what you are saying does not seem right.  Your account should not be renewing so early.  The first payment seems rather high.  No matter what province or territory you live in, there is no way $35 + applicable taxes comes to $42.50.  Back to the credits from the promos, those should be showing up in the account by now.  As suggested already, please post the payment history with personal information blanked out and the community can assist with interpreting what has transpired.

I live in NB so tax is 15% so it works out to $40.25.  someone mentioned you pay in full the first month and credit are carried forward to subsequent months. Payment details were posted a few comments up. It's showing I have a credit balance and that'll hopefully be carried forward to next months bill.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Michelle112

When your next payment has to be paid..it will take it from the credit you have in your account first.not your credit card...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Michelle112, what you are saying does not seem right.  Your account should not be renewing so early.  The first payment seems rather high.  No matter what province or territory you live in, there is no way $35 + applicable taxes comes to $42.50.  Back to the credits from the promos, those should be showing up in the account by now.  As suggested already, please post the payment history with personal information blanked out and the community can assist with interpreting what has transpired.

Michelle112

@KMG wrote:

Awesome, Thank you 🙂

KMG

Michelle112

@stonechucker wrote:

@Michelle112, looking at those screenshots, you're not be charged anything.  You have a $37 credit balance.

Right, so my credit card was charged $40.25. You'd think it would only charge the difference between the balance owing and credits received, not the full price. If I keep paying the full $40.25 each month I"m going to end up with a growing credit balance]. Are credits no automatically taken from the amount due and the difference charged?

28/11/2018 PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC $40.25

Carld123

@Michelle112

You got all the credit...you have 37$ towards your next renewal in your account

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Michelle112 wrote:

ok, so maybe I just had to pay in full the first month and then discounts and referral credit will be applied next month.

Exactly.  

Michelle112

I completed online to get the discounts. 

@Carld123 wrote:

@Michelle112

So...if everything was setup as the promo states(online)..you now should have..25$ referral credit and today the 10$ credit added..which will be used towards your next renewal..

@Michelle112, looking at those screenshots, you're not be charged anything.  You have a $37 credit balance.

Carld123

@Michelle112

Correct...all looks like it should..

Michelle112

ok, so maybe I just had to pay in full the first month and then discounts and referral credit will be applied next month.

Michelle112

IMG_8836.PNGIMG_8835.PNG

Carld123

@Michelle112

So...if everything was setup as the promo states(online)..you now should have..25$ referral credit and today the 10$ credit added..which will be used towards your next renewal..

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Michelle112 wrote:

I just switched to Public Mobile last week, and already is being charged $42.50 for the basic $35/ month plan (which is the $35 plus tax). I set up auto pay and have a $25 referral voucher and it was supposed to be $10 off each month for the 1st 6 months (black Friday promo). Why am I being charged $42.50 only a week in? I was expecting my bill to be due after 1 month of service and was expecting it to be $23 plus tax ---> $35 base plan price -$2 (auto pay discount) - $10 (black Friday discount)  

I am not sure why you are being charged again.  Did you activate online or at a retail location?  The promos you mentioned were for online activation only.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

Good catch @Carld123

Carld123

@Michelle112

PM is prepaid..not postpaid..so you pay upfront for your service...

mimmo

Did you try to do any plan changes?

Can you post a screenshot of your payment history?

Need Help? Let's chat.