cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account set up - but credit card timed out and got error

rpilkington
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everybody:

So I was in the process of setting up a new account for my wife and put in a new pm sim. I was starting at the activation page entering all the info with no problems.  Then chose a new number (which I didn't write down) and picked my plan.  When I got to the credit card info page I entered my cc details and thought I had put in all the correct info but for some reason it timed out. YIKES.  Reading from this forum - it seems like a common problem (address).

So here's the issue - the error says - just log back in but when i tried,  it doesn't recognize the login yet? Futhermore, when I go back to put in all the info at the activation page again - it says now the sim is not valid (In other words now registered)!!!   But ... But when I check our cc statement I see they have accepted my payment - wtf? I also got a text on my pm account saying I was successful referring someone and will receive the $25. Nothing has shown up in my wife's email yet either?   

So I can't login under her name to get things straightened out - help? Any ideas - will going to a PM kiosk in london drugs or walmart help?  Is there a number I can call for just billing?

Thanks to those who respond.

R

6 REPLIES 6

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rpilkington wrote:

Thank you @sandpublic  - you rock!  I was hoping it would register on the phone but sitll said no sim.  However it got me thinking that I "didn't restart" the phone.  When I did low and behold Public mobile showed up in the corner of the phone.  This will allow me to get the number as you described but I still will need to get a moderator to fix the login password issue but at least it is working.

Many thanks and great community - power of the people!

R

Glad to hear it worked!. Welcome to PM and don't forget to also setup your Voicemail.

Take care!

rpilkington
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @sandpublic  - you rock!  I was hoping it would register on the phone but sitll said no sim.  However it got me thinking that I "didn't restart" the phone.  When I did low and behold Public mobile showed up in the corner of the phone.  This will allow me to get the number as you described but I still will need to get a moderator to fix the login password issue but at least it is working.

Many thanks and great community - power of the people!

R

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rpilkington 

When you get error on PM activation page, always close your browser and start over again because that page does not clean up the session very well.  Restart your browser will have a clean session.  You will find that your SIM card is ready to be activated again.  I know as I went through that when I activated my PM plan a few months ago.

BTW, if you need to go back one page, you will get the error too.  Restart you browser and start over again.  Good luck.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rpilkington wrote:

Hi everybody:

So I was in the process of setting up a new account for my wife and put in a new pm sim. I was starting at the activation page entering all the info with no problems.  Then chose a new number (which I didn't write down) and picked my plan.  When I got to the credit card info page I entered my cc details and thought I had put in all the correct info but for some reason it timed out. YIKES.  Reading from this forum - it seems like a common problem (address).

So here's the issue - the error says - just log back in but when i tried,  it doesn't recognize the login yet? Futhermore, when I go back to put in all the info at the activation page again - it says now the sim is not valid (In other words now registered)!!!   But ... But when I check our cc statement I see they have accepted my payment - wtf? I also got a text on my pm account saying I was successful referring someone and will receive the $25. Nothing has shown up in my wife's email yet either?   

So I can't login under her name to get things straightened out - help? Any ideas - will going to a PM kiosk in london drugs or walmart help?  Is there a number I can call for just billing?

Thanks to those who respond.

R

Since your cc was charged the SIM was activated just put it in the phone and you should be able to call out and find your number. Send a message to the moderator_team and ask them to reset your password. Once you are able to login just add the correct cc info for autopay.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Since you're getting the invalid SIM message and you don't know the phone number to try the account creation link, looks like you'll need help from the moderators.  Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.

More info on moderators:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Edit: I would not try activation again, however, because the credit card was already charged.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @rpilkington 

It happened sometimes...wait about 1 hour and try again...you can change your browser or put in incognito mode...but if nothing helped you need help from the moderator here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Waiting time is few hours to 2 days...Smiley Frustrated

No number for speaking to someone and you will receive no help in walmart or so...Here it's the beginning for help with customers like you and after when needed to the moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.