cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account - account balance is outstanding

Jamschmok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I just created a new account today. Received my SIM card and went to activate. I chose the build your own plan option and chose unlimited provincial calling, unlimited international text and 500 mb 3G for 30 days. The total was $30.

I proceeded to input my credit card number and finish the account setup. All was complete! I tried to make a call and it said my account was not setup bla bla bla....

I lovedl in and saw that there was a $10 outstanding balance on my account! 

Funds available - $30

Outstanding - $10

For some wordw reason it set me up with a $40 2GB plan. It took the initial $30 and needed $10 more! 

Ok.... So with the $30 in the account I clicked "change plan" to set it back to the original 500mb 3G plan I chose. Found it, changed to it and now it says:

Funds available - $0

Outstanding - $30 

!!!!!! WTF... Where did my original $30 go? I owe another $30 to start a plan I've never used? Please help! I'm not paying $60 for a 500mb plan. Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7

Jamschmok

Hi All

You've all been super helpful! I guess this is what makes Public Mobile work... the community support 🙂 Thanks all!

Here's a screenshot of my activation confirmation page. I've whited out all the personal information but you can see below...Capture.JPG

After getting this, tried making a phone call... failed failed failed. Logged into the account and it said "account suspended" ... found out its because I owe $10 more. A bug in the system? not sure but I know I selected a $30 plan, not a $40.... but it wanted $40 from me. I go to fix that (change back to $30 plan) and it wants $30 more!  Hungry system  heh...

I've been in touch with a mod who authenticated me and looks to be helping out..... 

I do agree that $30 ready made plan sounds good! 500 + 500mb and calling and text?! I'm sold 🙂 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jamschmok Can you take screenshot for the overview in your account ?maybe we can find $30.

@Jamschmok wrote:

I just activated today... I've never made a phone call with this sim. I wanted to pay $30 for my first month... 

Hi,

Sorry things are not working correctly.

As mentioned, if the original plan was not correct and you changed plans immediately than you will need to explain this to the MODs and ask them to put you on the right plan and credit your account with any difference.

To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation.

If you are able to post a screenshot of your transaction history we can maybe point out exactly what went wrong and ensure you are requesting the appropriate assistance from the MODs. It will be in your self serve click payment - transaction history and screenshot that page. Delete, blackout any personal information.

I will point point out that the $30 ready made plan gives you unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited international text and 500mb + another 500mb if you sign up for autopay. I believe this is better than the build your own plan that you mentioned. Also if someone refers you you get $25 credit and another $10 credit for the first 6 plan cycles.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Jamschmok

I just activated today... I've never made a phone call with this sim. I wanted to pay $30 for my first month... 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@JamschmokIs the "outstanding" amount for next term?

When changing plans immediately, anything paid for the original plan is forfeited.  Since the wrong plan was inititially activated, I am hoping that the moderators can fix this for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately we can do nothing for you here...you need help from the moderator...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

We have no access to your account @Jamschmok we are customers like you..

Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..be patient..Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.