cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member - Charged twice when setting up new plan.

Diggerman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get a refund to my Mastercard? When I went to London Drugs to sign up for Public Mobile, I paid for a SIM card and they tried to set up the account. I did not have my Telus account # with me so they tried to enter in by using the IMEI information. It did not work, so I left with the SIM and they were to cancel the transfer. The next day at home I set up the account online ( with the Telus Account # ) and everything went through just fine. All set, and paid with my Mastercard. But, now when I checked my Mastercard Account I see that I was charged twice. Once on the 15th. of May and once on the 16th of May. I paid twice for the set up. How do I get a refund for one of the payments. I don't want to pay twice. Or can the over payment be credited to my next months payment? Please help.

7 REPLIES 7

@Diggerman 

That's great to hear. London Drugs has excellent customer service as public mobile retail partner.

@hTideGnow 

Its doubtful that the original activation created an account. If it had London Drugs would not have issued a refund to the customer as the monies would have automatically been remitted to pm already. If that had happened they would have directed the OP to contact pm for redress.

@Diggerman  glad it works 

just a suggestion, not sure if you want to confirm with Mod  that you only had one account created and not two.  Just in case they end up created 2 accounts , both with credit card  and autopay.  

Diggerman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Problem solved. London Drugs refunded the extra charge. Thanks for your help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

It's possible 2 accounts were created, please open ticket with Mod to confirm.

It happened to me.  Because the activation errors out, the Kiosk sales used another SIM to activate for me and turn out both SIM were activated.

FYI, it is much quicker to ask Mod to transfer the fund from the "ghost" account into your current account that you are using.  It is a good choice if you are planning to stay with PM anyway.  I originally asked them to do refund.  Checked back a week later and nothing was done.  I ask them to transfer the fund, bingo, all done the next day.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Diggerman 

It is possible that the extra charge was credited to your available funds.  ( if not, it may drop off as a pending payment card charge as described above)

Available Funds on a public mobile account is basically a bucket of funds which can be used toward the purchase of a future renewal or add-ons that you may choose to purchase.  It's like money in the bank.

To check to see if that's where the payment went, sign in to your self-serve page and look here to see if the payment is showing under this area:

HALIMACS_0-1621418248328.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Diggerman : If the merchant/vendor name is Public Mobile then I guess you need to contact the moderators here. If it's London Drugs then I should think you'd need to talk to them.

Edit: after the waiting period mentioned above.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Diggerman 

Is the london drugs charge pending? Or is it a posted transaction?

When you activated your sim card at home did you use the same email address as the attempted activation at london drugs?

If the charge is pending give it a couple of days and see if it disappears. If it gets posted then contact the moderators to apply it as a credit to your account or issue a refund ( takes up to 30 days.)

Need Help? Let's chat.