cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit Card Registration

Michellewinters
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't get a new credit card registered.  I have called the card issuer and they say they have approved the $0 charge three times but the self serve site keeps coming up with Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

Please help get my new card registered.

Thanks,

16 REPLIES 16

@Sedul wrote:

I am having trouble updating my credit card for auto pay or also doing one-time payment

It's saying Unable to register .

This seems to be a common problem. what's the resolution for this. can moderator assist? Can I register with Telephone Menu?

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address EXACTLY as it appears on your statement:

Leave the apartment field blank, if required enter your apt number in the street address field

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

After a few failed attempts, the payment card gets locked out and so the only recourse is to seek moderator team assistance.  

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

bumblebee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try the workaround to leave the apartment number field blank? That's what worked for me

Sedul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am having trouble updating my credit card for auto pay or also doing one-time payment

It's saying Unable to register .

This seems to be a common problem. what's the resolution for this. can moderator assist? Can I register with Telephone Menu?

bumblebee

Thanks veev, I've got it working now though.

It's a normal local credit card. I was able to update all my other recurring payments without issue.

veev

i have 2 accounts with PM.  i just updated a new credit card to one of my accounts today - they accepted and without any problem, same as the other one that i updated it a week ago.

Maybe you can try to put appartment# in front of street address (eg  111 - 123 abc street, or 111-123 abc street)

Also, the address you enter much match with your credit card when you enter.

Are you using local credit card or prepaid card?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bumblebee wrote:

I also had this problem, I tried 4 times and all resulted in this error, but I called my bank and they said all 4 attempts were approved on their end.

I tried the suggestion to leave the apartment number field blank and that worked on the first try! Bizarre bug, they really ought to fix that. Thanks for the workaround!

This bug had been around since I activated my first plan 1.5 years ago. I am wondering how many more years with this issure before 1.5 years ago.

bumblebee

I also had this problem, I tried 4 times and all resulted in this error, but I called my bank and they said all 4 attempts were approved on their end.

I tried the suggestion to leave the apartment number field blank and that worked on the first try! Bizarre bug, they really ought to fix that. Thanks for the workaround!

Lol. Thanks.  Edited.

@Jb456 wrote:

@gblackma  you'll have to edit your post as well as his number is in the "quote"

@gblackma  you'll have to edit your post as well as his number is in the "quote"

@QJ88 please remove your phone # from your thread. No personal information allowed. Log in to my account and use the option to change my credit card information. Also do not use the apt field. Enter your apt. If applicable as ###-#### street name in the address field.

@QJ88 wrote:

Hello my credit card has changed and I need to register to make payment to my public mobil phone at none of your business 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@QJ88 wrote:

Hello my credit card has changed and I need to register to make payment to my public mobil phone at xxx-***-###1

@QJ88 First click the 3 dots on right hand side of your post and edit the post to remove your personal information (phone number) as all the public can see.

Next log into your self serve account and click"Payment" then you can manage your credit card info.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

QJ88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello my credit card has changed and I need to register to make payment to my public mobil phone 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Michellewinters 

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Michellewinters wrote:

I can't get a new credit card registered.  I have called the card issuer and they say they have approved the $0 charge three times but the self serve site keeps coming up with Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

Please help get my new card registered.

Thanks,

@Michellewinters  The problem is not your CC more than likeley it is PM's system. It is very finicky and when overloaded times out and the request never gets completed. Here are some tips that have worked in the past:

1. Make sure you are using a browser on a computer (Chrome, Firefox and the new MS Edge) work best. Make sure you have cookies and javascript enabled.
  2. When entering your address do not use the apartment field. Do not use a space when entering your postal code.

If you still can't get it going then you need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to check if a cc lock got triggered on your account and ask them to remove it.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Michellewinters  PM  only accepted Canadian or American issued credit cards. Wait an hour , clear your  browser. Use incognito mode and try again. Also use@Jb456 suggestion leave the apt field blank. Ie Enter apt as ####-### street ave. If this doesn't work contact a moderator . Welcome to PM 

@Jb456 wrote:

leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank

But since you already called bank and they see the transaction you probably will have to ask moderators to investigate.

Simon.JPG

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank

But since you already called bank and they see the transaction you probably will have to ask moderators to investigate.

Simon.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.