cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account, transfer phone number, able to call but not receive calls

Hb1200
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated an account in store for the Black Friday sale. I brought over a phone number from my old service provider. My data is working, and I’m able to make calls from my old phone number, but I can’t send/receive texts, and if someone tries to call me, it says number not in service. I’m tried removing the SIM and rebooting the phone, doesn’t work. 

4GB at 3g

unlimited Canada wise talk and text. 

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hb1200, it looks like you have a stuck port.  You can confirm this by looking into your Virgin account to see if it is still active.  If so, then you need to seek moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

Hb1200
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it was still active. Previous carrier was virgin. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Hb1200, was your previous phone carrier account still active when you signed up?  That is a must, for a port to complete.  Normally, a stuck port will let calls go to the previous carrier's voicemail until fully complete.

Who was your previous carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.