cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account Additional $100 Charge

kaylaannsanders
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. I signed up for the $40/month promo recently and signed up for Auto Pay. My first payment came out July 2nd for $44.80 which is great. But then July 3rd I was charged $100.80 and I don't know why. Also, it does not show on my payment history in my Public Mobile account. Any help would be great, thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

A second plan is definately a possibility. Based on your tax rate, the $100.80 would be a $90 charge. That is the lowest plan in build your own plan with Canada wide LD and unlimited texting and 1.5 GB of LTE data. If you remember looking at that, at some point you may have started that plan accidentally.

If that's the case, hopefully the moderator will be understanding. The $40 plan is now lost with no refund as a basic policy and your new $90 plan will likely not have enough data for you so within the first month, you'll  be buying another $40 plan when you run out of data.

That's a lot to pay for a simple mistake. I have confidence they will help you... They're OUR @CS_Agent !

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kaylaannsanders wrote:

Hi there. I signed up for the $40/month promo recently and signed up for Auto Pay. My first payment came out July 2nd for $44.80 which is great. But then July 3rd I was charged $100.80 and I don't know why. Also, it does not show on my payment history in my Public Mobile account. Any help would be great, thanks!

@kaylaannsanders  Are you sure that the second charge was from Public Mobile? If it's not in your payment history then I'm guessing that charge must be something else. Did you call your cc company to verify that the charge was from PM.

tyedye00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I would contact a Moderator in your case. Please provide them with all the information you provided us here! The more information the faster they can assist ya! Best of luck!

Otherwise, I havent encountered this issue.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Go directly to Moderator. Do not pass Go, do collect $100! Would love to know what happened when you get to the bottom of this one. Seems random.

@kaylaannsanders wrote:

I would ask if there's any chance that you may have decide to change to a 90 day plan, but that would be in your account payment's history.

Do you have any other Public Mobile account that uses that card for payment? If not, and there is no extra balance in your Public Mobile account.  Moderator_Team would have to be sent a private message for them to issue a refund.  If it is fraudulent charge, I would also contact your credit card issuer immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.