cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to remove my credit card from another account

andruka79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I need to remove my credit card from account I have no access to anymore.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to contact a moderator with any complicated issue. They will likely gain access to this other account and resolve it.

@andruka79 wrote:

I can't communicate with the other party right now so want to remove my cc anyway and for peace of mind. I'll check out that lost card option in the meantime. Thanks!

@andruka79  Are you registered with an online account for your credit card? Does it have an option to put a temporary hold on your card? If you know the date of the other persons renewal you could put a temporary hold on the credit card (lost) for a day or two so that the autopay for their account fails. You can then take the hold off so you can continue to use the card. However the other party could use it to top up the account still. Otherwise you would have to report the card lost/stolen and have a new one issued and wait 7-10 business days for it's arrival. If it is a bank issued card you can have it sent to the branch of your choice nd it will arrive within 3 business days and they will call you when it arrives.

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check to make sure you don't have a renewal coming up right away before you cancel your card, in case it screws up the auto renewal discount

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@andruka79 wrote:

I can't communicate with the other party right now so want to remove my cc anyway and for peace of mind. I'll check out that lost card option in the meantime. Thanks!

Report cc lost is easy.  Just inconvenience for couple of week without that cc.

andruka79

Will give it a try, thanks a lot!

andruka79

@andruka79  Since you used to manage the account your only option, provided that you know the PIN number on that account, is to use the PM IVR system to disable AutoPay. Dial 1-855-4PUBLIC and follow the prompts.

Good Luck!!

popping

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @andruka79 

You also have an option of reporting your card lost until you resolve it.

Do you know when is the renewal day for your friend and if they have any balance?

Once the autopay fails they will have to make payment and to keep reward they will have to register another card. For that they will have to remove yours. Do they have another cc?

This is a good and easy idea.  You will get a new cc with a new number after 1 - 2 weeks.

Hi @andruka79 

You also have an option of reporting your card lost until you resolve it.

Do you know when is the renewal day for your friend and if they have any balance?

Once the autopay fails they will have to make payment and to keep reward they will have to register another card. For that they will have to remove yours. Do they have another cc?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @andruka79 

@popping is right since you are not account holder you can't really make changes to the account. You could try taking to them

But since you are cc holder you can block temporarily public from withdrawing funds from it. That may be problem of you'd like to use it for another public account. It would be best to ask your friend to remove it. But if that isn't an option and if moderators can't help the best option is to talk to your cc provider about it and use different card with public in a meantime.

@andruka79 wrote:

That's a chatbot?

The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

popping

@andruka79 wrote:

That's a chatbot?

Yes, SIMon is now part of the ticket support system.
Ask to "contact human" as question for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

andruka79

If moderator cannot adjust my payment info then I'll have to cancel my cc for safety reasons

andruka79

That's a chatbot?

popping

@andruka79 wrote:

It's my friends account I used to manage but have no access to it anymore.

I also have my cc registered for auto payment on that account and would love to remove my cc details now.

Ask your friend to remove the cc for you unless you are no longer speaking to each other.  Since your are not the account owner, moderator may not be able to do anything.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

andruka79

It's my friends account I used to manage but have no access to it anymore.

I also have my cc registered for auto payment on that account and would love to remove my cc details now.

mimmo

What do you mean you don't have access to the account?  

Need Help? Let's chat.