cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My updated credit card is not being accepted for autopay

Iterkeurs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New expiry date, entered info but it keeps giving a message that it isn't accepted. I've called my card company and it isn't the card  

5 REPLIES 5

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try removing # characters and anything else that make the address look incorrect.

Also, trying moving pre-fixes around (example: 123 East Main Street, 123 Main Street East).

If that doesn't work, try calling your credit card company to determine what the exact address on file is and retry.

Look at the example from Canada Post below; lot at the format and make your address fit.

Some web forms can be really picky on these types of details for credit card entry.

286-4-e

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Iterkeurs 

The website can be fussy. You can try different browser / clearing cache and sometimes private browsing / incognito mode.  Confirm the billing address from your credit card statement is exact, including periods, spaces, capitalization and punctuation. If you live in unit/apt 206 and the billing address on your statement is "206-XXX street name" then enter it as that, and leave the apt field empty. Try removing / adding a space from the postal code.

Public mobile accepts Credit card or Visa Debit card issued by a Canadian or American financial institution and is registered to a Canadian or American address, or a Public Mobile payment voucher. The voucher can be had from recharge.com for payment, but not autopay, you can also register with autopay a pre-paid visa card for autopay, YMMV but I know that one works from Canada Post.

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ensure that your name and address are EXACTLY the same as your credit card statement.  Don't use the Apartment Field - leave it blank (if you live in apartment, put it in the address field EXACTLY as your credit card statement). Don't include a space in your postal code.  Keep in mind the letters and numbers alternate in a postal code, so don't get at ZERO mixed up with an O.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Iterkeurs wrote:

New expiry date, entered info but it keeps giving a message that it isn't accepted. I've called my card company and it isn't the card  

Credit card edit function does not wrok.  Always delete the old credit card entry first.  Re-enter the credit card again.  Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iterkeurs  - Try another browser, or try your browser in privacy/incognito mode.  Also, if you are trying to simply change the date, try deleting the card, and re-entering it.

Need Help? Let's chat.