cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan is expired even after I have enough funds

Abdul5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on the $40.00 plan and wanted to downgrade this month to the $25.00 plan. So I did so after my service ended which was on May 23, 2020, but it then asked me to pay $10.00 to resume my service so I did and now it just shows Plan Expired due to insufficient funds and Available Balance is $10.00 Amount Due is $0.00

Now I have no Phone service and I need this to be solved ASAP....

32 REPLIES 32

@jedjammer wrote:

It looks like you have done lots, be sure to power off and restart the phone for changes to take place.

hope this helps

This has already been fixed. The member had to apply a top up to cover the plan fee.

jedjammer

It looks like you have done lots, be sure to power off and restart the phone for changes to take place.

hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous I believe that if this were a matter of needing to pay for the higher price plan first before the lower priced plan started working, there would be still a $15 balance in the account.  

There're some slight semantics confusion going on here with needs/had on chronology. At least how I interpret 🙂 . I agree that something got gortched.

DragonBit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing is happening to me. Somehow i'm unable to place calls yet I can use the data. 

@Anonymous I believe that if this were a matter of needing to pay for the higher price plan first before the lower priced plan started working, there would be still a $15 balance in the account.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hyT wrote:

Lessons learned after reading this thread: Before upgrading or downgrading to another plan, make sure there is enough money in the available funds to cover the higher cost plan. Make a one time payment  if there's not enough available funds. Of course it depends on whether one can afford to do this. Doing this should avoid losing service due to this change-of-plan-Autopay glitch. Also it is better to pre-order a change of plan to take place at the next renewal day.

• I welcome any correction if my conclusion is not correct. Thank you.

That isn't aplicable to what happened in this thread as the OP never had to top up the amount of the more expensive plan. Abdul5 only had to ensure that the proper $25 was in the account which was the price of the lower priced plan. For some strange reason, the self serve system was telling the member that only $10 had to be paid for $25 plan.

"Had" is the strong word here. I tend to think this is the bug of changing a plan. I agree that something got gortched.

I would have liked to have seen their screen snips but they're off enjoying life now with their working service.

@hyT wrote:

Lessons learned after reading this thread: Before upgrading or downgrading to another plan, make sure there is enough money in the available funds to cover the higher cost plan. Make a one time payment  if there's not enough available funds. Of course it depends on whether one can afford to do this. Doing this should avoid losing service due to this change-of-plan-Autopay glitch. Also it is better to pre-order a change of plan to take place at the next renewal day.

That isn't aplicable to what happened in this thread as the OP never had to top up the amount of the more expensive plan. Abdul5 only had to ensure that the proper $25 was in the account which was the price of the lower priced plan. For some strange reason, the self serve system was telling the member that only $10 had to be paid for $25 plan.

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: since I'm still last... @computergeek541 :is this the old problem of downgrading plans at renewal with autopay?

I don't believe that this is the same bug. If I'm recalling correctly, that bug would have made the service stop working until there was $40 (the old plan price) in the account balance even though only $25 (new plan price) was needed.   I couldn't tell you where this $10 nonsense as shown in the self serve screenshot is coming from.

It's been a while...I can't remember if it was going up or down in plan cost and then autopay crapped out.

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: since I'm still last... @computergeek541 :is this the old problem of downgrading plans at renewal with autopay?

I don't believe that this is the same bug. If I'm recalling correctly, that bug would have made the service stop working until there was $40 (the old plan price) in the account balance even though only $25 (new plan price) was needed.   I couldn't tell you where this $10 nonsense as shown in the self serve screenshot is coming from.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abdul5 wrote:

Thanks to @computergeek541 and @Anonymous that was the problem I added the $15 and it's fixed...but now it shows $10 amount owing for next cycle don't know why but hey at least it works again...even I was confused in the beginning as to why it asked for $10 when clearly the plan was for $25....must be some system glitch

Thanks for all the help @computergeek541 @gpixel @z10user4@hairbag1 @really a great communit

Great to hear.

Please change that solution to computergeek541. That was all him.

Would you be willing to post another screen snip of your overview page? Maybe your recent Payment history too.

Abdul5

Thanks to @computergeek541 and @Anonymous that was the problem I added the $15 and it's fixed...but now it shows $10 amount owing for next cycle don't know why but hey at least it works again...even I was confused in the beginning as to why it asked for $10 when clearly the plan was for $25....must be some system glitch

Thanks for all the help @computergeek541 @gpixel @z10user4@hairbag1 @really a great communit

@computergeek541 and he lives up to his name! 

one time baby!

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Abdul5 wrote:

Yes it does 

Try the lost/stolen feature to see if it will reset your account. Suspend service, wait a few minutes, Resume service, restart phone.

Try to add another $1. Restart phone.

I don't that adding $1 to the account or lost/stolen will solve this issue.

Since there is only a $10 account balance and the plan fee is $25, I believe that payment towards the plan really has failed.  The question is really how much was was the account balance before the $10 top up.  I would try topping up $15 to reactivate the service. 

The crotchity old retiree comes in with the likely explanation. 🙂

@Abdul5 : Check your payment history against your payment method to see if the system had taken any money.

Here's the thing:  If the system was saying to add $10, that would mean that the account balance should have been $15 before. I don't believe that to be the case because if that was the previous balance before the top up, where has it gone? $15 wouldn't have been enough to renew either the $25 or $40 plan. I am thinking that the message to top up $10 was some type of system error. That means that the account balance before the top up was probably $0.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Abdul5 wrote:

Yes it does 

Try the lost/stolen feature to see if it will reset your account. Suspend service, wait a few minutes, Resume service, restart phone.

I don't that adding $1 to the account or lost/stolen will solve this issue.

Since there is only a $10 account balance and the plan fee is $25, I believe that payment towards the plan really has failed.  The question is really how much was was the account balance before the $10 top up.  I would try topping up $15 to reactivate the service. 

The crotchity old retiree comes in with the likely explanation. 🙂

@Abdul5 : Check your payment history against your payment method to see if the system had taken any money.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Abdul5 wrote:

Yes it does 

I don't think that adding $1 to the account or lost/stolen will solve this issue.

Since there is only a $10 account balance and the plan fee is $25, I believe that payment towards the plan really has failed, although I can't say why it said to add only $10.  The question is really how much was was the account balance before the $10 top up.  I would try topping up $15 to reactivate the service. 

This is one of those renewal glitches that show up on occasion. I guess you should follow suggestion of @gpixel  to start process of Public Mobile moderator intervention.

For future reference, let us know when and how you get resolution.

Good luck.

Abdul5

I've messaged a moderator let's see what they say. Regardless I appreciate the help!!🙂

Abdul5

Nope no other services are working..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abdul5 wrote:

Nope both of the methods don't seem to work I did the lost/stolen phone one and the airplane mode one looks like I'll have to contact a moderator...

I forgot to clarify...are any services working? Likely not otherwise you probably wouldn't be here. But gotta ask.

Abdul5

Nope both of the methods don't seem to work I did the lost/stolen phone one and the airplane mode one looks like I'll have to contact a moderator...

@Abdul5 wrote:

Do you think 10mins is enough waiting time or should I wait longer before I resume service?

5 mins should be sufficient if it's going to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abdul5 wrote:

Do you think 10mins is enough waiting time or should I wait longer before I resume service?

I've never known a defined minimum but I would give a couple anyway. Maybe not all the way to 10. Hit the head maybe after suspending it 🙂

Abdul5

Abdul5

Let me give this a try thanks for the help!!

@Abdul5 wrote:

There is a reactivate button and I've already tried doing that it just shows insufficient funds even though the amount due is $0. I'll try the lost/stolen feature recommended by the other member or else I'll contact a moderator

Toggle the phone to Airplane mode for a coupla minutes...then off again. Sometimes this gets things going again.

Let us know if anything works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abdul5 wrote:

There is a reactivate button and I've already tried doing that it just shows insufficient funds even though the amount due is $0. I'll try the lost/stolen feature recommended by the other member or else I'll contact a moderator

Plan & Add-ons
Lost/Stolen Phone
Suspend Service
Log out
Wait a couple minutes
Plan & Add-ons
Lost/Stolen Phone
Resume Service
Log out
Restart phone

See if it works. It seems to fix things often. But it might not too. 🙂

Abdul5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Abdul5 is there a reactivate button?

if nothing is working you can contact customer support here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

customer support.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abdul5 wrote:

Yes it does 

Need Help? Let's chat.