cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My payment information has been stole from your site second time

Loree
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good evening everyone I do not know if I am the only one, but this is the second time some thiefs are trying to stole my information, the only place I' ve register my credit card is for paying Public Mobile and this is the second time it happend it seems some people have stolen info from PM site and they've been trying to buy stuff with my credit card.Thanks God I have a good Bank to my side, I really appreciate the fact they inform me about this issue letting this thiefs without their price. Please Public Mobile try to check this issue and protect better our information, like I said this is the only site I've register my card and I use it only for this matter so, if is in your hands please do something but for now I am removing my card.

17 REPLIES 17

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Loree, why do you think Public Mobile is trying to steal your credit card information? With AutoPay, the system takes the stored information on your account and makes the payments. 

Have you thought maybe, it's somebody in your home? A friend? A family member? Or a visitor to your home?

Are you telling me, you never left a credit card statement for the world to see in your bedroom, desk, counter? I am looking at my desk, and I see two credit card statements. For that matter, I even see one of my credit cards on my desk too! 

I truly don't think it will be an employee from Public Mobile trying to steal credit card information because:

1. If caught, they will be fired
  2. If caught, criminal charges will be filed against them
  3. If caught, the employee will most likely get a criminal record, and they will need to declare this if applying for another job or going across the border
  4. Why would they do yours, and not the other 250,000 customers?

I looked at all your posts, and you never did disclose your account information or pin number which is good (some people have), but, if you had disclosed this information with other members in the community privately, well....Of course, if they are NOT moderators, then it is at your own risks then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous Stack is out of toronto. Its a prepaid master card with an app. 

https://www.getstack.ca/

Again thanks. I'm quite happy with Koho so far. They're also Canadian. BC even apparently.

@Anonymous Stack is out of toronto. Its a prepaid master card with an app. 

https://www.getstack.ca/

Screenshot_20200427_004824.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous you can use somethjng like STACK that is a prepaid card but doesnt charge a fee like Vanilla master card and those other do. 

Yes thank you I know. I've used those Vanilla prepaid with the up front fee. They work here and online ordering but not Pay apps that I have. I tried the MyVanilla but it didn't work here and I didn't bother signing up with it as I liked the anonymity (although I've moved away anonymity too). I got my banks reloadable card that has a startup fee and works except for Pay apps. Lastly I now have Koho with no fees (yet) which works in all the places I want it to. ie. online ordering and Samsung Pay. I trust it works here but I haven't tried that yet. I hadn't heard about Stack until the darlicious Koho thread.

So um yeah thanks 🙂

@Anonymous you can use somethjng like STACK that is a prepaid card but doesnt charge a fee like Vanilla master card and those other do. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Loree 

best practice is using an encrypted password safe like Last Pass. In last pass you can keep your passwords safe and it will also create passwords that can be 100 digits in length if you really want. If you use an 18 to 24 digit passcode with special characters numbers lowercase and uppercase you will save yourself lots of headaches. My wife says its overkill. But rather safe then sorry. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma ok that makes sense! I was going to say "teach me" lol. Would be easier than deleting and re-adding each time you wanted to use a different card for whatever reason

@Loree 

Once you recieve your new credit card with a new number do not replace the card on your account with pm. Instead pay iwith vouchers and leave the cancelled card on to continue to recieve the autopay discount. This will ensure your card info cannot be compromised at pm and if it is you will know it didn't happen here. Do you recieve a paper bill? Is your mailbox secure?

@Pawprints1986 yes 2 different accounts, 2 cards.

Pawprints1986

@gblackma how do you have 2 cards registered ?

fdrcamb519

@Loree   It could have been stolen  from any site, on the top of the browser, you see a lock, showing public mobile is a secure site, like any site, probably malware, on the computer I would safely say.

@Loree 

Is it possible that access to your community account has been compromised? Do you have any private messages that contain your credit card info or account info? Delete any old messages containing that info. Change your password.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Loree Hi first I’d like to say I’m sorry for your issues it really sucks but from what I’ve seen on this site there’s been very very little credit card fraud going on with public I’d say none actually and I’m just a customer like you so I’m not really here to defend them There could be something else going on there’s lots of ways thieves can rip off a person’s credit card

@Loree  sorry to hear that this happened to you. I have 2 different cards registered here and it's never happened to me. Is your phone running slow? If it is, there may be malware there. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

My comment doesn't help you now but this is why I use prepaid/reloadable cards for things signed up online. It limits my risk exposure. My high limit credit card remains in the physical world.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Could you have some malware on your computer?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Loree it seems like the thief has all your info. it doesn't have to be directly related to PM. but I agree the thief could be using the private message chat with the moderators to gain access to your account. 

you should private message the moderators and ask for all the chat logs they've been having involving your account. they have to provide this to you.

use this link to message the moderators directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.