cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new credit card won't go through!

joy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help! My account has been suspended and I can't use my phone! I tried to pay but my credit card changed and my new card is different than my pre-registered card. I tried to update my credit card info but it's not letting me! It said to contact my card issuer and I did but they said there is nothing wrong with my credit card! I can't figure out how to pay and I need to use my phone!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.  If you need to make a payment immediately then you could purchase a voucher and call 611 or use recharge.com.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@joy2 wrote:

Help! My account has been suspended and I can't use my phone! I tried to pay but my credit card changed and my new card is different than my pre-registered card. I tried to update my credit card info but it's not letting me! It said to contact my card issuer and I did but they said there is nothing wrong with my credit card! I can't figure out how to pay and I need to use my phone!!!

@joy2  Follow these steps and you should be successful. First if you have already tried more than three times...wait til morning. Too many attempts can cause a security/fraud lock. Wait an hour just to make sure the system resets. Clear your browser and use secret /incognito mode before you start. Using chrome or firefox is best. When you log in go to payment. Then scroll down to the bottom to "manage cards". Click on this. Then choose "replace card" this is better than remove card. Enter card details exactly as they appear on your billing statement except leave the apt/unit box blank and do not put a space in the postal code box. Use ALL CAPS if necessary.

From my reading other discussions on this topic, I am not sure the fraud lock on a credit card is time based.  I think moderator team needs to do something on their end to enable the credit card.  Also I thought the better option was to remove the old card and then add the new one although it would seem equal on either approach.  At this point, it might be a good idea to seek a moderator for help.  Click on the question mark.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@joy2 wrote:

@joy2  Follow these steps and you should be successful. First if you have already tried more than three times...wait til morning. Too many attempts can cause a security/fraud lock. Wait an hour just to make sure the system resets. Clear your browser and use secret /incognito mode before you start. Using chrome or firefox is best. When you log in go to payment. Then scroll down to the bottom to "manage cards". Click on this. Then choose "replace card" this is better than remove card. Enter card details exactly as they appear on your billing statement except leave the apt/unit box blank and do not put a space in the postal code box. Use ALL CAPS if necessary.

Need Help? Let's chat.