cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit card was closed

miaomidaxiang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card was closed due to I forgot to pay my bill. Since the monthly payment of public mobile was automatic taken out from my credit card every month. When my credit card was closed, I then can not use my phone to call. But I can use it to send messages. Now I have paid my credit card, how can I make my phone to call?

7 REPLIES 7

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@miaomidaxiang if your account is suspended. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

@miaomidaxiang turn off your phone, remove the sim card, turn on the phone and reinstall sim card and test

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@miaomidaxiang 

If you have a $15 plan, can you still get the incoming calls?

If yes, you used all your 100 outgoing minutes for the current cycle.  Purchase $5 500 minutes add-on so that you can call out.

1.  Add $5 to your account using your autopay cc

2.  Purchase the $5 500 minutes add-on.

Please note that the 500 minutes add-on does have expiry date.  Any unused add-on minutes will be rooled over to next cycle until completely used.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@miaomidaxiang wrote:

My credit card was closed due to I forgot to pay my bill. Since the monthly payment of public mobile was automatic taken out from my credit card every month. When my credit card was closed, I then can not use my phone to call. But I can use it to send messages. Now I have paid my credit card, how can I make my phone to call?

@miaomidaxiang Are you on a limited calling plan? $15 or lower? If yes and you can send out SMS texts then your plan is still active so you just need to add minutes to your account maybe purchase the 500 minute add-on for $5.

Dial 611 from your phone. Is your account suspended?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe you have an iPhone which is why you can send messages through wifi called iMessage that does not use SMS?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@miaomidaxiang wrote:

Hi @miaomidaxiang ,

What does your account status say when you log into your self serve "My Account":

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

If you account is suspended / expired, add funds to the cost of your plan amount and Reactive it on your self serve account.

Are you saying you can text, but cannot make calls?

Try one or more of the following:

*removing and inserting you SIM card; reboot.

*putting your phone into airplane mode for a few minutes then back to normal mode.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@miaomidaxiang wrote:

@miaomidaxiang   You can purchase a voucher from a gas/convenience store or online at Ding.com, Recharge.com or Xoom.com which involves a fee for convenience.  Then load your voucher via 611 to pay your account and get your service working while you sort out your CC issue.

Edit:  If you see Reactivate button in your account try clicking that to push your payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.