cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit card cannot be verified

tankmon354
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My credit card seems to not have gone through as my auto-payment was declined. there was no message given to me that it was declined until I realized I had no signal or data.

I have contacted my CC company, and they told me my card was still active and working as normal. My last couple of payments are also through auto-pay and I had no problem. Not sure why my CC cannot be verified now, if someone can confirm and help sort this out, that would be great!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@tankmon354 wrote:

Hi @JoyLuck ,

I have tried the manual payment on the website but it gives the following message:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

Follow @gpixel instructions above and contact a moderator to assist you.

tankmon354

Hi @Triguy 

I've removed my card, now I cannot add it back, and I get the following message:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

@gpixel 

No, my card details haven't changed at all, so I'm really confused why it stopped working.

tankmon354

Hi @JoyLuck ,

I have tried the manual payment on the website but it gives the following message:

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@tankmon354did you receive a new expiry date on your credit card?

contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen

type "cannot process payment"
(use the chat bubble options, click "voucher" then click "contact us" then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

No, my card details haven't changed at all, so I'm really confused why it stopped working.

*it's because auto-pay fails. many users on here manually top up a week or month ahead to avoid this issue. just accept the free $2 pm gives you and instead rely on yourself to make these payments.

publics payment system works better when it's able to withdraw from your "available funds". it doesn't do well when it's trying to take from your bank

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try removing and adding back your credit card.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, accepted credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@tankmon354 

Can you make a manual payment to your acct?

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.