cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My balance is 15$ and I still cannot place /receive calls

mik438
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on a 50-minute plan and I had no minutes left. I topped-up my account, the balance is now 15$, but I still cannot place or receive calls. I tried to send a ticket but SIMon is so useless I could not even describe the problem - it just said "we have enough information" while I had just selected "service does not work:  or something like that.

How long does it take for a top-up to be active?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mik438 wrote:

I am on a 50-minute plan and I had no minutes left. I topped-up my account, the balance is now 15$, but I still cannot place or receive calls. I tried to send a ticket but SIMon is so useless I could not even describe the problem - it just said "we have enough information" while I had just selected "service does not work:  or something like that.

How long does it take for a top-up to be active?

Thanks.

Public Mobile is not a Per per use service/pay per minute Provider. It offers 30 day plans and if needed they have Canadian add ons you can purchase which do not expire until all used up as long as your 30 day plan is paid up.   So once you have used up what ever is included in your plan it simply stops working regardless how much of a Positive/Available Funds you have in your account.  In order to continue to use the service that was used up in your plan you can purchase an add on to keep going.

@mik438 wrote:

OK I see I didn't get that "available funds" does not mean "funds usable for calls".

I purchased the add-on and it worked.

Thank you for your quick and helpful response.

There are no set pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile.  The long distance minute add-ons actually give you more aritime minutes on the $10 and $15 plans. This was a strange exception made by Public Mobile because that's not how long distance minutes work at other carriers.  As you know now, you had to purchase one of these add-ons before you could start making calls again.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mik438   yes,  available funds just mean money that will be taken on your renewal day  or you can use to buy add ons! 

mik438
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK I see I didn't get that "available funds" does not mean "funds usable for calls".

I purchased the add-on and it worked.

Thank you for your quick and helpful response.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mik438 if your renewal isn't due it won't take the money, it will just stay as a credit on your account.  You should go in your account and buy the 5$ 500 minute add on and then you can use those minutes after you're out of the 50 minutes.  The 500 minutes will roll over every month until used up! 

Need Help? Let's chat.