cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My automatic payment didn't happen this period...

mjat87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been a Public Mobile customer for almost a year now, been on auto-payment the entire time. This has worked flawlessly until today. I woke up and, upon attempting to make a call, I get a recorded message saying that I do not have an active plan. My credit card was nearly empty, still valid, etc. So I log onto the website and manually pay my bill... My credit card info was still there, didn't have to re-enter anything, still seem to have received my $2 autopay bonus.

Just a little annoying that anyone trying to reach me during that time would not have got through.

Anyone have any idea why this happened?

7 REPLIES 7

@mjat87  Lucky you no autopay issues until now. I do not rely on autopay to pay for my plan. It is designed as a back up plan (and a way for pm to guarantee payment and prevent suspensions.) It's not really meant for every customer to pay their plan. As a result it will fail a small percentage of customers on their renewal. It sounds like if it does it once you are then more susceptible to it happening again (like bee sting allergies or food poisoning.)  As @hairbag1  and @GR  have suggested manually topping up before renewal will prevent this issue from happening again and save the headache of accidental suspension. The pm reminder text does not always send to users so setting a reminder in your phone calender to notify you is a better option it can also be set to remind you to reset your data tracker for months with 31 days and February. A couple of extra minutes of your time every month is worth saving you the hassle of the Auto pay fail.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You may need to update your credit card expiry date. Click on MANAGE MY CREDIT CARD link.

GR
Mayor / Maire

I've always manually made a payment a week or so before my renewal date on all my accounts even tho I've got autopay set up

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mjat87 wrote:

Been a Public Mobile customer for almost a year now, been on auto-payment the entire time. This has worked flawlessly until today. I woke up and, upon attempting to make a call, I get a recorded message saying that I do not have an active plan. My credit card was nearly empty, still valid, etc. So I log onto the website and manually pay my bill... My credit card info was still there, didn't have to re-enter anything, still seem to have received my $2 autopay bonus.

Just a little annoying that anyone trying to reach me during that time would not have got through.

I've found that if I manually load the plan costs into Available Funds, a day or 2 ahead of renewal...that makes the renewal process happy.

Why this happens ?...good question. You'd think that would be fixed fast, but it;'s a known glitch within Public Mobile.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mjat87  I haven't had it happen but I will suggest you have the moderators look into what happened to prevent future incidents. 

Use Simon on the lower right SIMON.JPG  Cheers

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mjat87  The fact that AutoPay had worked for you for close to a year is good to know but the reality is that PM's AutoPay is finicky and as you found out does not work all the time. So you just need to monitor it the day after renewal or make a manual payment a couple of days before your plan renewal.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mjat87 wrote:

First try a reboot of your phone.

If that doesn't work, try the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account, select payments/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend service, log out and wait 5 mins. Log back in and report phone found and resume service and restart your phone.

You can also try removing the SIM (after powering off phone) and re-inserting after a few mins and rebooting the phone.

Edit:  I might have misread your post.  Is your phone working fine after manually having to pay?

Need Help? Let's chat.