cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auto-pay has stopped.

Mumu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Suddenly, my auto-pay has stopped charging since the end of last December.

I was not able to text, call and use internet data.

I tried to re-activate auto-pay many times, but I can not fix it.

Public Mobile's website shows that my debit card has suspended.

So, I went to the bank and checked my card with a banker.

He couldnt's find any problem with the card and everything looked fine.

Eventually, I ended up buying a voucher and paid for my mobile plan with it in January.

But, I still can not re-activate my auto-pay.

How can I fix the problem?

10 REPLIES 10

@CannonFodder wrote:

@will13am  Ok, so out of curiosity, do you do as others have mentioned several times, i.e. add funds to your account, just before renewal, so you don't have an autopay failure, or have you always let your credit card(s) and autopay "do their thing"?

Absolutely not!  It would not be called auto pay if I had to manually add funds every 30 days.  I use the system as it was intended to be used.  

@will13am  Ok, so out of curiosity, do you do as others have mentioned several times, i.e. add funds to your account, just before renewal, so you don't have an autopay failure, or have you always let your credit card(s) and autopay "do their thing"?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is rather disconcerting to read about so many auto pay failures.  My views are obviously biased by personal experience.  I happen to think that it's pretty solid.  In my 3 years here, I have personally used 3 different credit cards.  I have managed countless accounts for friends and not one single auto pay failure so far.  Not suggesting user error.  Something just isn't adding up here.  

@CannonFodder wrote:

Wow, these autopay screw-ups are becoming a daily occurence(usually more than one/day) on these forums! 😬  👎 

I noticed that when I first came here, though many assured me that it is a very small percentage of users that get affected I still don't trust it.

When you think about it, it can fail for any reason, from hardware to glitch on software, to overload on the system, full moon..., and where public mobile or credit company or any node in between. I had it fail with Fido, but they withdraw two weeks before so it's ok you have two weeks to figure out. This is literally the last minute before and no notification. And because of the reward system which we all love and want in place it cannot be moved before.

So just do it manually. I love that it gives me rewards. I also love that it may actually kick in if I'm in coma or for another reason couldn't make the payment. I just believe in statistics, more times it executes more chances it will fail, so I just don't let it

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mumu wrote:

Eventually, I ended up buying a voucher and paid for my mobile plan with it in January.

@Mumu  Unfortunately PM's AutoPay system is not without problems and from time to time will fail. That is why it is recommended to set a reminder and 2 days before your plan renewal make a one time payment using your credit card on file to cover the cost of the renewal.

It is possible that by trying to add you card again multiple times, it triggered a lock on your account so you will need to ask the PM Moderators to remove the lock.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

While waiting for the moderators to repospond try one more time. Just make sure you have Javascript and cookies enabled user Chrome on a computer (not phone) and clear you cache. When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Hope this helps!

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mumu wrote:

Just a shot in the dark . . . did you recently get a replacement debit card with a new expire date?

Wow, these autopay screw-ups are becoming a daily occurence(usually more than one/day) on these forums! 😬  👎 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you please contact moderators

It's possible that your card was flagged by the system they are the ones who can resolve it and also apply your voucher.

If your voucher was applied already try restarting your phone

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Mumu wrote:

Sometimes, autopay doesn't work properly. In order to prevend such problems like yours, it is recommended to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay.

Add funds to account manually with $1 extra than you should pay and reactivate the service. You need to link a new credit card with you account if the current one doesn't work. If still doesn't enable you to do this, I can advise send a message to the moderators though this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain the situation, and they can look into it. OR click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions to create a ticket. 

Need Help? Let's chat.