cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account says I'm suspended but am on Autopay

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't remember ever seeing this message splashed across the top of my account page before, but I just logged in on the day that my month begins. I am on autopay. It says "! Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan. Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service." I assume I can ignore this, but it is jarring to see there and below, it says my plan is expired. Can Public Mobile not be a little nicer to those of us who are on Autopay and not make us worry unnecessarily? My account is not suspended, right?! Is it just because I logged in at 4am and my credit card has not been charged yet? I assume it logs as the new month at midnight.

9 REPLIES 9

@helenhelen   happy to know.. enjoy your service.

@helenhelen 

Good to hear!  You should now be good until November 26, 2021.  Your next renewal date.

helenhelen

Thank you, everyone! All is okay now. My account is back to normal again. Phew, good to know for next time!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Ignore that message and try Not to log in into your account on renewal day.

You will see this every time:

Meow_0-1635343315581.pngMeow_1-1635343319184.png

As long as you have service, your account is in good standing. During the day you will receive SMS from PM that renewal worked and you are OK for next 30 days.

I guess it was easier to developer to paste that not to every single account and then as renewal proceeds to remove it one by one than to go with renewal and then look for failures...

As suggested, if you worry a lot regarding your PM service, as soon as you get SMS form PM that your account is due (2-3 days before renewal) add manually required funds to your account and sleep tight.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

This is normal during renewal. At ~9pm eastern your account will go into suspended mode. At ~midnight  it will go into expired mode. And then by morning it will be renewed without any interruption to your service. Best to just leave your account alone while it goes through this process.

Dtack

@helenhelen  - yes that is the normal wording when our accounts renew.  It is frightening to read for the first time.  I usual pay a couple of days ahead of time incase the autopay fails, just to ensure that I have enough in my account.  If your services are working, just disregard the message and carry on as always. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen wrote:

I don't remember ever seeing this message splashed across the top of my account page before, but I just logged in on the day that my month begins. I am on autopay. It says "! Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan. Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service." I assume I can ignore this, but it is jarring to see there and below, it says my plan is expired. Can Public Mobile not be a little nicer to those of us who are on Autopay and not make us worry unnecessarily? My account is not suspended, right?! Is it just because I logged in at 4am and my credit card has not been charged yet? I assume it logs as the new month at midnight.

@helenhelen 

Officially the payment is due at 2am on renewal day, but lately it runs very late (mine was last done around 8am), so if your service is not interrupted, best thing to do is just ignore everything going on in your account on renewal day. 

Edit: If you're the worrywart type (like me 🙂) and don't like the idea of being caught off guard by an Autopay failure, you can use the "hybrid" payment method like many of us here, which is keep your credit card on autopay to get the $2 credit but make a manual payment some time before renewal date so that enough funds sit in your account to cover the cost of plan renewal. Then you can sleep easy...99.9% of the time 😉

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen 

IF you have NO services, that Autopay may have failed. In this case you need to make a manual payment to reactivate your services.

But, it sounds like it is just those normal messages as @softech posted.

Note: plans are 30 days, not Monthly here at Public Mobile.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@helenhelen   No, as long as you have service still, you are good.  It's normal

On the night before the account payment due date, could be as early as 6PM EST, your account will show "Expired".  This just show that you account will go through the renewal process in the next 12 hours or so.   In the next couple hours, system would start apply your Rewards, Available fund onto your account, then Autopay and finally it will change it back to Active status if the whole process go through without issue.  Usually after 6AM EST in the morning, it will change it back.  But I think lately, it could be as late as 12 noon for it to flip it back.

Again, during the whole process, your service should not be interrupted, so no worry

YES, the wordings could be nicer and not as scary. Also, the whole process should be shorter  🙂 

Need Help? Let's chat.