cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plan went Inactive this Morning with Automatic Payment - April Fool?!

Maverick_FA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

This morning I noticed that my plan is ''inactive'' when I tried to make a phone call.

I was shocked since I'm doing the automatic payment every months.

I went to take a look to my public mobile account and it say: 

''Account Status: Plan Expired'' - I never changed anything... I used the 8GB plan since May 2020

There is also this message: ''

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.''

So I decided to make a manual payment to see if it would change anything but I'm getting this message:

''Your account has already enough balance.''

I also checked the previous payment & they are all made automatically from the past.

Any idea how to fix this issue.

Please HELP!!

Thank you for your time.

30 REPLIES 30

tsandve
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the exact same thing has happened to me.  I no linger have service.  I tried paying manually online but a message came up that I already have enough funds in my account.

I tried to pay via 611 with my registered credit card but I need my pin.  Either I have forgotten it or it is not being accepted.  Any how I have no phone and no way to pay manually.  Please help.

kazoo

For the record, this is not the usual auto-pay sequence of message re: upcoming payment, then a thank you message when the payment is made. Something internal to PM's ability to process cc transactions appears broken. The fact the PM client site has always performed poorly, and subsequent timeouts on transactions, just compounds the perceived lack of performance.

I suspect that with an Easter holiday occurring, this may not be getting the attention it demands from what I assume is a minimally staffed IT support team.

@Selfserve wrote:

My plan did the same thing.  Says I have insufficient funds when there is money to cover. It says I have being suspended. I'm not really sure what to do about this. Please help.

@Selfserve  (haha your user name may confuse me. 😂)

Make a payment through 611 to get your services back and running.

Then I would let the Moderators know of this failed autopay.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Selfserve

My plan did the same thing.  Says I have insufficient funds when there is money to cover. It says I have being suspended. I'm not really sure what to do about this. Please help.

JAC70

> suppose this may be Telus' passive aggressive way to get us all to buy a Koodo or Telus plan that costs more?

Right now, it's Telus' passive way of forcing me to Fido or Chatr.

kazoo

Same issue here. PM is so slow. Valid card but account inactivated. In process of changing to another valid card, PM site timed out/failed. I suppose this may be Telus' passive aggressive way to get us all to buy a Koodo or Telus plan that costs more?

Bento17

I just had this as well. My account was suspended and I lost service, and it seems like maybe a lot of people have this same thing going on because the PM self-serve login is impossibly slow. Like, 5 minutes to get through the password reset prompts and I haven't even received the email yet. 

It's obvious that this is on PM's side of things because when I called *611 it asked if I wanted to make a payment and when I pressed 1 to add the amount of my current bill it just said that it worked, didn't even have to enter my CC info. So clearly they have that on file and their system just decided not to autopay. 

Any idea what's going on mods? 

Ron2

I got a series of 611 messages and I just ignored them as at payment time I always get a series of useless messages. Then I got an extra one saying my account has been suspended. I tried to make a phone call and sure enough it is not working. I got a message saying to use *611 to make a manual payment. I have not done that as I believe this is a Public Mobile problem. 

I am going to ignore it for a day or so to see if Public Mobile fixes it. And of course when I go in to check my account all I get is spinning wheels or endless amount of time. It is things like this that are going to prompt me to end my Public Mobile account. Has anyone tried Koodo? Is it better than this for service.

KareW

Same.  My husband's account went through fine, but my account with the same credit card did not.

gatorgirrrl

Lucky you got to actually log into you account. I keep waiting FOREVER to log in and get a Generic Error. Sigh. 

JAC70

I'm tired of these messages.  Can we not just set the auto-payment to a day before the plan renews to avoid this constant bull****?  Two of my four lines are down.

Maverick_FA

I was unable to make any phone call this morning...

1. Add Funds by calling 611 (Self-Serve Service didn't worked for me. It might be a probleme web-based app.)

My phone was working but my Account was indicating: ''Plan Inactive''

1. I went to “Plan and Add-Ons” > Lost/Stolen Phone
  2. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  3. Reboot

Problem solve.

vikikra7

the same thing happened with my phone for some reason!! if you go on the self serve page then you should be able to complete the payment manually 

Desgards

Ok thanks 

@Desgards wrote:

I have the exact issue... how was it resolved?  If I make a payment with my credit card on file for automatic payments will I be double charged this month? 

Thanks 

@Desgards 

If you have not been charged already and your account is suspended now, manually loading funds will not lead to double charged.  Even if double charged, you can use the extra funds for next month. 

Looks like a potential system problem since multiple customers have the same issue this morning.  It has been reported to administration, but it is a holiday today.  

Desgards

I have the exact issue... how was it resolved?  If I make a payment with my credit card on file for automatic payments will I be double charged this month? 

Thanks 

DonnaD

I just tried to make a call and it said, cannot make call because don't have an active account and that I should make a payment.  The credit card is on file and it it not expiring until next year.  Guess I'll try and re-activate it and hope it works.

@Maverick_FA wrote:

It worked! 🙂

Thank you for your help today!

@Maverick_FA  - Great!

But which worked?  😊

@Maverick_FA 

If your phone is working properly, just ignore the warnings.  It should go away later today. Usually, these warnings happen in the evening before renewal date and disappear overnight after renewal is successful.  

If the phone is not working, follow the above troubleshooting advice.  

Maverick_FA

It worked! 🙂

Thank you for your help today!

@DonnaD 

If you still have service, please make sure your credit card is still on file under the payment system in your self serve and that the expiry date is not near.

@Maverick_FA ,

If still no service.

Try going into LOST/STOLEN status.

Just follow these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Then reactivate it, hit "Resume".

Can you try also adding $1 payment to your account at all? This sometimes re-triggers service.

DonnaD

I have almost the exact issue, except I've only had my account since Feb.  I have the auto payment on my credit card and when I checked the credit card, the payment is not there.  Its just so confusing because my Public mobile account says "next payment taken April 2nd".  Guess I'll just have to give it a few more days to see if they finally take the payment.  Hopefully the won't suspend my service while they get their act together to process payments.  I'm a senior and this cell phone is my only means of contact with family,.

@Maverick_FA wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for the dump question but this morning I found my plan inactive & I was unable to make phone calls.

I was able to re-activate my plan by making a payment via 611 even if I was registered to automatic payment.

I still found this message:

screenshot-selfserve-publicmobile-ca-Overview-1617368536056.png

Do I need to add a new plan?

I'm using the same 8GB plan since May 2020.

Please let me know.

Hello @Maverick_FA ,

Dump away, that is what the Community is for!

Ah, so you cannot make calls?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Maverick_FA

Hello,

Sorry for the dump question but this morning I found my plan inactive & I was unable to make phone calls.

I was able to re-activate my plan by making a payment via 611 even if I was registered to automatic payment.

I still found this message:

screenshot-selfserve-publicmobile-ca-Overview-1617368536056.png

Do I need to add a new plan?

I'm using the same 8GB plan since May 2020.

Please let me know.

@Maverick_FA wrote:

I got this message yes.

I freaked out because I need to make few phone calls today and I don't want to loose my phone #.

Automatic Payment/Manual payment didn't worked for me via the website... not sure why...

I did a payment with the same credit card via 611.

Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day.

Mat

@Maverick_FA I freaked out the first time I saw that message too! 😂

I am not sure why Public Mobile does this, but it happens to us all.

You would think Public Mobile would not want to send their customers in a panic, but alas they do.

Just one of those PM quirks. 😁

Maverick_FA

I got this message yes.

I freaked out because I need to make few phone calls today and I don't want to loose my phone #.

Automatic Payment/Manual payment didn't worked for me via the website... not sure why...

I did a payment with the same credit card via 611.

Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day.

Mat

Maverick_FA

I still don't understand why the automatic payment & the manual payment didn't worked via the portal but I was able to make one with my registered credit call by calling 611.

My account was Inactive btw.

Thank you for your help... problem solved!

Have a nice day.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Maverick_FA 

When you say "this morning", do you mean really, really early this morning (as in within a few hours after midnight), or in the past hour or two?

The message likely looked like this:

HALIMACS_0-1617368018420.png

This message always precedes an auto-payment.   It seems it's the Public Mobile way to trigger an auto-pay to occur (though it causes unnecessary confusion for customers)

If you made a manual payment, and now you're reactivated, you're fine now if you have services.   Might be a good idea to double-check expiry date on any payment card which may be registered on file.

Next time, just let this messaging play out and you'll more than likely wake to full services.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Maverick_FA wrote:

Hello,

This morning I noticed that my plan is ''inactive'' when I tried to make a phone call.

I was shocked since I'm doing the automatic payment every months.

I went to take a look to my public mobile account and it say: 

''Account Status: Plan Expired'' - I never changed anything... I used the 8GB plan since May 2020

There is also this message: ''

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.''

So I decided to make a manual payment to see if it would change anything but I'm getting this message:

''Your account has already enough balance.''

I also checked the previous payment & they are all made automatically from the past.

Any idea how to fix this issue.

Please HELP!!

Thank you for your time.

@Maverick_FA ,

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Method through Self-Serve account: Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  4. Reboot
Need Help? Let's chat.