cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Misunderstanding

jasonevans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question: How do I cancel my plan and start a new plan now, not in 60 days?

Background: I joined PM a couple of months ago. I went onto a 30 day plan (talk+text+4gb data) During this period I encourage some colleagues that this is a great mobile service and as a result I earn a lot of $25 referrals, in fact enough to move from my 30 day prepay to 90, thinking and misunderstanding the very marginal explanation that I’m about to create a  cellular data nightmare for myself. I use a considerable amount of data and as some consumers do, especially when they are relying on clear and sysinc information from the service provider, I assumed the 90 day plan was an incentive from PM for a longer commitment from me, resulting in the same data monthly allotment at a cheaper price. It came very quickly to my orbit (by way of antextnfrom PM) that I had pretty much consumed all my data (75%) before the end of month one. I searched and searched my account to see how I could made such an error. I finally came to the understanding when I looked at the grab menu and it showed 6GB/90 days. 🙄So to my questions point; how or can I reverse the process or at least cancel my existing plan, absorb my loss and begin a new plan ( paying again) for the original plan I had ( 30 day 6GB data + Canada wide talk+international text). There seems to be no option and no one to assist. In the meantime I have bought a 1GB add on to at least help me limp along. I take no quarrel with PM, I’m just a bit miffed that I don’t see an option for me to bail out (at my cost) and redefine my plan ( at my cost). I’m faced if there is no option to paying a lot of add on money by way on add ons which hardly seems a good deal for me. I don’t believe PM wants this to be what the add on was designed for, rather a top up should you exceed your plan on occasion. 

Is there a work around to fix my dilemma

🧐 

10 REPLIES 10

jasonevans

Thanks. I have it figured out now. 

jasonevans

Thanks....I have it figured out now. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@jasonevans, if you want to change it immediately, you do not need to cancel, but you will lose your current plan, and any value that is left for phone and SMS and data, plus any fees you've previously paid for.  This would be done via the Immediately button t the bottom left of the screen (on a desktop web browser).

You can do the same if you wish to go for a 'next renewal change' (the button on the right), it will change at that time.

If you can last for 30 days, do the future dated plan change.  If you want to change now, do the immediate plan change option, and pay full price for it now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Oracles.

@jasonevans To change the plan, login to your self-serve account and click change plan button. Select the plan you want and click Change now button if you want to have it changed right away or select change on next renewal if you can wait till end of your current term. If you pick change now option, you will have to pay full amount for your new plan and you will not receive any credits for what you already paid for the current term.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jasonevans wrote:

Thanks butnas explained I don’t see that option, can you indicate where it is? The option I got was “my plan will change at the end of my renewal cycle” 

Then remove that future change and re-do it making it immediate.

jasonevans

Thanks butnas explained I don’t see that option, can you indicate where it is? The option I got was “my plan will change at the end of my renewal cycle” 

jasonevans

Question: How do I cancel my plan and start a new plan now, not in 60 days?

Background: I joined PM a couple of months ago. I went onto a 30 day plan (talk+text+4gb data) During this period I encouraged some colleagues that this is a great mobile service, and as a result I earn a lot of $25 referrals, in fact enough to move from my 30 day prepay to 90 day, thinking and misunderstanding that my data was the same allotment by month, not protracted over 3 months. By changing plans I’m about to create a  cellular data nightmare for myself. I use a considerable amount of data and as some consumers do, especially when they are relying on clear and sysinc information from the service provider, I assumed the 90 day plan was an incentive from PM for a longer commitment from me, resulting in the same data monthly allotment at a cheaper price. It came very quickly to my orbit (by way of a text message from PM) that I had pretty much consumed all my data (75%) before the end of month one. I searched and searched my account to see how I could have made such an error. I finally came to the understanding, when I looked at the grab menu under the change plan option that it showed 6GB/90 days. 🙄So to my questions point; how or can I reverse the process or at least cancel my existing plan, absorb my loss and begin a new plan ( paying again) for the original plan I had ( 30 day 6GB data + Canada wide talk+international text)? There seems to be no option and no one to assist. In the meantime I have bought a 1GB add on to at least help me limp along. I take no quarrel with PM, I’m just a bit miffed that I didn’t see an option for me to bail out (at my cost) and redefine my plan ( at my cost). If there is no option then I may have to look for another provider as my data consumption is a constant. I can’t afford to pay per GB at $30 per GB. I don’t believe PM wants this to be what the add on was designed for, rather a top up should you exceed your plan on occasion. 

Is there any experience in the community as to how I can  work around this issue?

🧐 

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you log into your account under the overview tab there is a change plan button. When you select a new one it then gives you the option to either have the plan change right away (and you eat any associated change costs) or at the end of your plan period.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jasonevans 

Well...you already know how to change plan. In there you will see an option to change it now rather than at renewal.

You're already prepared to lose what you've already paid so that's good.

Need Help? Let's chat.