cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My AutoPay has been overcharging me

@achamy, are you a former Legacy customer on an old AutoPay top up of a set value, rather than a dynamic value?  I do not know if this is possible, but a set value was the original way AutoPay worked.

Oracle

@achamy Hopefully you have had this fixed. If not, at least be sure your have turned off Autopay for now.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did turn off AutoPay and I just verified my identity, now waiting for the next step.

I was a legacy customer yes, but I never had a monthly payment over $30 so it is not logical that my autopay all of a sudden went up.

66E5839B-7D39-4D4F-9538-107D0EC9E6AB.pngHere is the answer that I received today. so on a $10 per month plan I am being charged $30 per month due to an auto pay mistake and the moderator cannot see what is happening on my account because once I realized auto pay was overcharging me I right away turned it off ?! This is nuts...

It is not fixed. I turned off autopay and PublicMobile is telling me that when my plan changed from $30 to $10/month, it was my resposnibility to adjust the autopay, so now they're like "well you have $108 extra credits on your account, no worries!". I'm asking them to refund me and I am closing my account.

I got this response:

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.24.19 AM.png

So, @achamy, as I explained in my response on ‎01-20-2019 12:12 PM in this thread to you (scroll up, you'll see it), I've already told you this is the issue.

What the moderator has now said is, you need to turn it on again, so it stops using the old amount, and will automatically use the new amount.

For whatever reason, although you have it turned off, it is stuck with the old rules of a consistent $30 payment and doesn't know to stop.  It sounds like you need to turn on AutoPay to correct this.  This means adding a new credit card if it isn't listed.

I appreciate your quick response(s) and help. I don't feel comfortable adding a credit card on my account anymore, I'll be simply getting my refund for the amoutns that should not have been charged and will close my account.