cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My AutoPay has been overcharging me

achamy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on a $10/month plan, and my autopay has been overcharging me ($33 per month) since October. I'd like to know how to get a refund please (I currently have +$100 credit on my account!).

18 REPLIES 18

achamy

I appreciate your quick response(s) and help. I don't feel comfortable adding a credit card on my account anymore, I'll be simply getting my refund for the amoutns that should not have been charged and will close my account.

So, @achamy, as I explained in my response on ‎01-20-2019 12:12 PM in this thread to you (scroll up, you'll see it), I've already told you this is the issue.

What the moderator has now said is, you need to turn it on again, so it stops using the old amount, and will automatically use the new amount.

For whatever reason, although you have it turned off, it is stuck with the old rules of a consistent $30 payment and doesn't know to stop.  It sounds like you need to turn on AutoPay to correct this.  This means adding a new credit card if it isn't listed.

achamy

I got this response:

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.24.19 AM.png

achamy

It is not fixed. I turned off autopay and PublicMobile is telling me that when my plan changed from $30 to $10/month, it was my resposnibility to adjust the autopay, so now they're like "well you have $108 extra credits on your account, no worries!". I'm asking them to refund me and I am closing my account.

achamy

Here is the answer that I received today.  so on a $10 per month plan I am being charged $30 per month due to an auto pay mistake and the moderator cannot see what is happening on my account because once I realized auto pay was overcharging me I right away turned it off ?! This is nuts...Here is the answer that I received today. so on a $10 per month plan I am being charged $30 per month due to an auto pay mistake and the moderator cannot see what is happening on my account because once I realized auto pay was overcharging me I right away turned it off ?! This is nuts...

achamy

I was a legacy customer yes, but I never had a monthly payment over $30 so it is not logical that my autopay all of a sudden went up.

achamy

I did turn off AutoPay and I just verified my identity, now waiting for the next step.

@achamy Hopefully you have had this fixed. If not, at least be sure your have turned off Autopay for now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@achamy, are you a former Legacy customer on an old AutoPay top up of a set value, rather than a dynamic value?  I do not know if this is possible, but a set value was the original way AutoPay worked.

achamy

I have sent a private msg to the mods, thx.

Yes that's a funny thing @achamy!!! But not for your credit card!!! Did you write to the mods in private with your infos??? Wait until they respond to you don't write another message or you will loose your priority...Only the mods can help you with that... Did you authorize or ask a payment each month of 33$??

achamy

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 9.32.15 PM.png

paul5

contact the administrator pm

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkgirl

Lol....felt like a change...😀

Dunkgirl

@Carld123 wrote:

@achamy wrote:

I'm on a $10/month plan, and my autopay has been overcharging me ($33 per month) since October. I'd like to know how to get a refund please (I currently have +$100 credit on my account!).

@achamy

Please post a screenshot of your payment /account details...block out your personal info...

@Carld123Nice fire hydrant. I had to look over your user name a few times.

Carld123

@achamy wrote:

@achamy

Please post a screenshot of your payment /account details...block out your personal info...

Dunkgirl

@achamy wrote:

@achamyThat should NOT happen. Send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them. 

There is nothing anyone here can do, only a moderator by that link however out of curiosity would you mind sharing a screen shot of your public mobile account transaction history? Just remember to block out your personal details.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@achamy

You will need to private message moderator for account/billing concerns.  It will take 2-3 days for response. 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.