cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BC to Alberta

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi, 

I am moving from BC to Alberta. I was wondering whether there's a method to adjust the sales tax keeping the same number? 

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

@Cheetah24, yes, if you wish to continue using AutoPay by having it charge your credit card, you'll need to change your number to one based in Alberta.

As @NDesai mentioned, you can keep your BC number if you wish, by purchasing vouchers at local stores, with cash or credit card, if you top up before your AutoPay comes out.  You would still retain the $2/30-day reward.

Note - having an  out of province number for AB will be a charge for anyone calling (they would pay) if they do not have Canada-Wide calling (ie Doctor, Dentist, employer, neighbours).

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NDesai @ShawnC13 : Thanks for both your replies 🙂 

So to confirm to auto pay as usual and pay the AB tax, I'll have to change the number itself correct? 

@Cheetah24 Tax is charged based on your area code as mentioned above. However, you can buy Public Mobile voucher from Mobile Shop, Wow mobile, London drugs or Walmart and they will charge you AB tax. Use voucher to make a payment before your renewal date 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24 wrote:

Hi, 

I am moving from BC to Alberta. I was wondering whether there's a method to adjust the sales tax keeping the same number? 

Thank you.

I am not positive but I believe taxes are based on the area code and what Province it is from, is how the tax is applied on plans.  So I don't think you can keep a BC number and only pay Alberta Taxes.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.