cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved providers but unable to access account.

alekhrycaiko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I've moved off public mobile recently but wanted to login and cancel my automated billing in case it was still active. But, it seems that my account has been disabled, and I'm uncertain whether I need it reactivated in order to cancel my billing - or is that done automatically?

3 REPLIES 3

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@alekhrycaiko keep an eye on your credit card. there's a good chance you will still be billed by public.

maybe you should contact customer support mods to remove any trace of your card details on their system

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community inbox on the top right corner. this is where you will receive a response from support

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@alekhrycaiko wrote:

Hi there,

I've moved off public mobile recently but wanted to login and cancel my automated billing in case it was still active. But, it seems that my account has been disabled, and I'm uncertain whether I need it reactivated in order to cancel my billing - or is that done automatically?

@alekhrycaiko hi that is done automaticaly once you port your number you will no longer have access to your account since it's

closed 😁

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@alekhrycaiko wrote:

Hi there,

@alekhrycaiko 

Once you port your number out your account with PM is closed automatically. Nothing to worry about.

CRTC:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

• All you need to do is phone, email or send regular mail to your new service provider to request a service transfer. Your new service provider will cancel your existing services and start your new services with them.
  • As soon as your current service provider receives the notice of cancellation from your new provider, they will cancel your services immediately. Alternatively, you can ask to have your services cancelled at a later date.
  • You do not need to provide 30 days notice before cancelling your phone, mobile, Internet, or TV services.

Need Help? Let's chat.