Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Payment Options Added

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

We’ve got great news! More payment options have been added for your convenience. In addition to Visa and MasterCard, you can now top up your account using American Express and Visa Debit!

Captur.PNG

Here are some links you may find useful when making a payment:

Paying with credit card in Self Serve 

Registering a credit card in Self Serve 

Setting up AutoPay in Self Serve 

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Dankaroo wrote:
@Martin wrote:
Hello,

I attempted on several occasions, spread over 2 weeks, to register my Amex cards. I have two of them. None of my attempts was successful, even though I entered the required information EXACTLY as shown on my monthly statements. I did not follow PM's example.

After being unsuccessful multiple times, I used a card from another issuer. My first attempt was successful.

Are you certain that PM accepts Amex?

If it doesnt it shouldn't be advertised as such. Has anyone already shared this with @CS_Agent? They may not address the functionality yet but they can at least forward it to whoever is in charge of marketing to avoid any more misinformation.

Paying with AmEx is not new.  I used my AmEx with autopay since I activated my PM account 7 months ago July 2018.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Martin wrote:
Hello,

I attempted on several occasions, spread over 2 weeks, to register my Amex cards. I have two of them. None of my attempts was successful, even though I entered the required information EXACTLY as shown on my monthly statements. I did not follow PM's example.

After being unsuccessful multiple times, I used a card from another issuer. My first attempt was successful.

Edit: as per @popping's account of being able to use Amex we can be certain. I wonder if card age/ expiration date is relevant to the success.

If it doesnt it shouldn't be advertised as such. Has anyone already shared this with @CS_Agent? They may not address the functionality yet but they can at least forward it to whoever is in charge of marketing to avoid any more misinformation.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you have issues, you can always top up via a voucher bought at retail stores or at recharge.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

@libfordjones wrote:

I have a RBC visa card, i have set up aut pays on other accounts the last 2 days with no issues. I cannot set up my card with you guys. I do not know what to do as i will no longer have my old bank after the end of this month. Can you please advise me on how to proceed!

Should work. Make sure your name and address details exactly match the billing name and address of the credit card. Punctuation, capitals etc. If you have a unit number for your address then don't use the unit # field...put it in just like your bill. Then possibly no space in the postal code or drop the last number.

Trying many times may trigger a fraud alert and then PM needs to reset your account. The bank may have something to say as well.

libfordjones
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a RBC visa card, i have set up aut pays on other accounts the last 2 days with no issues. I cannot set up my card with you guys. I do not know what to do as i will no longer have my old bank after the end of this month. Can you please advise me on how to proceed!

newfoundout
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can one setup autopay with a visa gift card with sufficient funds to say cover a couple of months

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Too be honest it's not like PM just started yesterday and they have been under Telus for a year or so, So I am actually getting really sick of this BETA thing that they are using as an Excuse. Do you agree? I can understand BETA if they were new but that is not the case.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi chuk,

I wish your explanation applied in my case, but I attempted to use my Amex cards after it was announced that Amex was an approved card processor.

The interesting aspect was that I called Amex after all my attempts had failed. I was informed that there was no activity on my accounts from PM. That means that PM's servers had rejected my cards, not Amex's.

I dont know your opinion of the servers, but I truly believe that, until all problems caused by them are eliminated, PM will remain in Beta.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I know for a fact that TELUS Prepaid, Koodo Prepaid and PM Prepaid did not accept Amex at one time they must have recently added it which is why I think you are having issues

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Need Help? Let's chat.