Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthy Fees

arlene
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I joined 2 months ago and I am happy at $25.00/ month

However, since joining the almost identical plan has gone up in price twice.

$5.00 last month and $5.00 again this month.

I am feeling bad for the newcomers. They need to pay $10.00 more/ month for almost the identical plan.

Does anyone have an explanation for this instability ?

Are they increasing prices do to demand ?

Arlene

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@dabr  I dont think its the  same plan. Chatrs's is $25 data plan, includes free incoming calls but outgoing calls are $.40/min

Are they actually charging the outgoing call rate of $0.40/minute on top of the $0.40 voicemail retrieval fee?

I'm not interested in switching to them due to weak coverage in my rural area but...

This seems to be their list of "overage" charges if you use a service beyond your plan. Unlike here where this service just stops. I prefer that it just stops. Seems so much clearer.

@mimmo wrote:

@dabr  I dont think its the  same plan. Chatrs's is $25 data plan, includes free incoming calls but outgoing calls are $.40/min

Are they actually charging the outgoing call rate of $0.40/minute on top of the $0.40 voicemail retrieval fee?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

Yes you're right, guess I didn't read all the details on the Chatr plan, it only has unlimited incoming minutes and outgoing calls are charged.

It looks like I'm only receiving some of my notices, this one isn't one of them.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@dabr  are you sure the $25 canada talk, texting and 500+500 plan is still availabel at chatr?

Yes I just checked the $25 with 500 mb + 500 mb with autopay bonus is still on the their website...the drawback is they charge 40 cents for voicemail retrieval.

On another note, I've noticed I'm not getting any email notices today for the community forum and when I check my notice feed there is nothing there at all..a bit strange!

On your community account, click my setting, unclick “Don’t send me any community emails “.

@Alex888 wrote:
@dabrI'm not getting noticed either, it just shows a yellow bar that says "You don't have any notifications. Try posting a new topic or question to see some activity here."

That's what I'm seeing.  Another glitch i guess?

@dabr I'm not getting noticed either, it just shows a yellow bar that says "You don't have any notifications. Try posting a new topic or question to see some activity here."

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@dabr  are you sure the $25 canada talk, texting and 500+500 plan is still availabel at chatr?

Yes I just checked the $25 with 500 mb + 500 mb with autopay bonus is still on the their website...the drawback is they charge 40 cents for voicemail retrieval.

On another note, I've noticed I'm not getting any email notices today for the community forum and when I check my notice feed there is nothing there at all..a bit strange!

mimmo

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@arlene wrote:

Hi,

I joined 2 months ago and I am happy at $25.00/ month

However, since joining the almost identical plan has gone up in price twice.

$5.00 last month and $5.00 again this month.

I am feeling bad for the newcomers. They need to pay $10.00 more/ month for almost the identical plan.

Does anyone have an explanation for this instability ?

Are they increasing prices do to demand ?

Arlene

It was a time limited special offering and lucky you signed up in time.  A lot of people were upset it was cancelled in such short order since both Lucky Mobile and Chatr are both still offering it.

mimmo

@arlene  Public mobile seems to basically play follow the leader (Chatr) for their pricing and plans and promotions.  

the prices are basilly what they think the market will pay, as there really is not any real competition. 

Need Help? Let's chat.