cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money on plan was not used monthly as agreement

rkvandle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In the begining of October l started a plan for 25 dollars per month for a period of 5 mths . l had paid a total of 169 dollars including tax , but by the end of October my plan had ended with a balance of zero ? somehow my 25 dollar plan was spent in mobile data unknowingly to me cause l used my home wifi for any internet data and did not realize they used my money ina way that did not go with the agreed 25 dollar monthly plan with unlimited talk n tex . l would like my money put back into the 25 dollar monthly plan as agreed , this is the way it was suppose to be and was also on my reciept showing 25 per month with each month on the receipt until Febuary . Public mobile has been my past provider taking off 25 dollars on the balance automatically and somehow it was not done so and now l am without service and very dissapointed , please can l be refunded ???

9 REPLIES 9

skrdan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I already have an Alert app on my phone which I have been using for 8 years. It displays usage amount on data and wi-fi. I have previously posted a photo on the community with regards to this. I also have restricted background data since owning a cell phone as well,this is also restricted on my PC and tablet (everything counts when you're paying for services).
Thanks for letting others know about this.

@skrdan wrote:

I feel that they don't honor the pay plan. I just wrote to the mods asking why I'm being billed earlier by 3 days before my inscription here on PM on the 16th of August. 

I believe they have a 27 or 28 day plan.

I'm waiting on Mod(s) to reply as well.

@skrdanPublic Mobile plans are 30 days. Your renewal date will change after a month with more or less days (28, 29 or 31 days.) Registering for autopay by adding your credit card to your account will give you the $2 autopay reward and an additional 500mb of data. It is suggested that you manually add the funds due for your renewal a day or two before renewal to ensure a smooth transition in case of the occasional autopay fail (often after you make a plan change.) Pm is a prepaid service there are no overages. If you run out of data the service will simply stop and that feature will no longer appear in your account. You can monitor your usage in your account and by enabling your data tracker in your phone. It's a good idea to use your data saver and turn off any background data usage in the settings in your phone on the least used apps. Keep your WiFi on to use as little mobile data as possible and set the data warnings in your phone to remind you when used up certain percentages of data (ie 50% or 75%). Pm will alert you when you have reached 90%.

skrdan

As the MODS have replied...

PM bills you 2-3 days in advance of your subscription date. And so,in order for an Autopay to charge funds for a subscription on the 16th or 17th of each month,I should put in my credit card for payment on the 19th in order to comply.

skrdan

I feel that they don't honor the pay plan. I just wrote to the mods asking why I'm being billed earlier by 3 days before my inscription here on PM on the 16th of August. 

I believe they have a 27 or 28 day plan.

I'm waiting on Mod(s) to reply as well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rkvandle wrote:

somehow my 25 dollar plan was spent in mobile data unknowingly to me

@rkvandle this is 100% impossible.  Public Mobile has no pay-per-use services.  If you use up all your plan data, your data just stops.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rkvandle, this is a prepaid service and as such there are no obligations.  Public Mobile does not take your money without your consent above and beyond normal renewal every 30 days if you load funds into an account.  It seems like you are culpable for mistakenly consuming mobile data instead of home WiFi. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator for any complicated issues. I've been with PM for two months now and have noticed that a good percentage of issues require moderator assistance. Hope this is resolved soon for you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rkvandle  Access your selfserve account and select the payment history link. Choose the range to be last 6 months. Review the info and if there is an error submit a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rkvandle wrote:

In the begining of October l started a plan for 25 dollars per month for a period of 5 mths . l had paid a total of 169 dollars including tax , but by the end of October my plan had ended with a balance of zero ? somehow my 25 dollar plan was spent in mobile data unknowingly to me cause l used my home wifi for any internet data and did not realize they used my money ina way that did not go with the agreed 25 dollar monthly plan with unlimited talk n tex . l would like my money put back into the 25 dollar monthly plan as agreed , this is the way it was suppose to be and was also on my reciept showing 25 per month with each month on the receipt until Febuary . Public mobile has been my past provider taking off 25 dollars on the balance automatically and somehow it was not done so and now l am without service and very dissapointed , please can l be refunded ???

Can you post a screen shot of your payment history (minus personal info) so we can see what happened.

Only moderators can issue you a refund/account credit so you would need to submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.