cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money left in the mobile account

Jlro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how can I get a reimbursment? I have money left in my account and just moved to other provider

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jlro 

It is too late now to ask for your money back.

If you ask us before leaving, we will give your the following options:

1.  Stay with PM to up all your fund and leave.  Two years ago, I found out about PM $10 plan after I added $100 to my mother account at 7-11 Speakout.  Guess what? Speakout is also a prepaid provider and there is no refund of money in their account.  I stay with Speakout for 11 months before porting my mother's number to PM.

2.  Let someone to take over your account.  You may be able to get back a portion of the fund in your PM account.  If you have a grandfathered plan which people are looking for, you may make a few $ by letting other to take over your account.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Do you still have access to your account? If you didn't port though can give your account to somebody else and they can give you cash for the balance on it

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

Ah yes @Anonymous , this is probably the case, I am guessing now. For some reason my thought went to @Jlro  getting a new number with a different provider, while still having the PM number/account.

@Jlro , @Anonymous  is correct, if you ported your PUBLIC MOBILE number to another provider, your Public Mobile number/account could not be used by anyone because it would no longer exist (including any $'s I'm afraid) 😱 

Until we hear from him again we don't know. Yes he _could_ have simply gone to another provider and got a new number and walked away from here. I assumed he ported out.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jlro wrote:

how can I get a reimbursment? I have money left in my account and just moved to other provider

If you ported your number out then you've closed and forfeited everything in your account.

If you had deposited that money into your account with your real money then maybe.

If you had accumulated rewards and credits over time then you really aren't entitled to it upon leaving.

Ah yes @Anonymous , this is probably the case, I am guessing now. For some reason my thought went to @Jlro  getting a new number with a different provider, while still having the PM number/account.

@Jlro , @Anonymous  is correct, if you ported your PUBLIC MOBILE number to another provider, your Public Mobile number/account could not be used by anyone because it would no longer exist (including any $'s I'm afraid) 😱 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Jlro wrote:

@Jlro I don't think you can get a refund but hey, there is always a first time, right?  Click 

the question mark (?) at the bottom right and type "refund" for a start.  You will need:

• Your Public Mobile SIM card
  • Your email address (make sure it’s the same one used during activation)
  • Your account number

You may also send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.

Please come back and tell us what happens.  Sorry to see you go, but we wish you well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jlro wrote:

If you ported your number out then you've closed and forfeited everything in your account.

If you had deposited that money into your account with your real money then maybe.

If you had accumulated rewards and credits over time then you really aren't entitled to it upon leaving.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Jlro ,

Sorry there are no refunds here like that. Too bad you are leaving PM with a balance...maybe you can give the phone/account to someone to use until the Available Funds run out.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jlro 

It’s sad to see that you’ve left but PM is a prepaid service and no refunds. You should really consider staying as you won’t find a cheaper phone service in Canada.    

Need Help? Let's chat.