cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators work for Public Mobile right?

KarenTL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok so first off i am new here so please don't bash me for this question but i couldn't activate my new sim card and set up my account. I was getting an error message so i sent a private message to the moderator group. Someone emails me back and says he can set me up but needs all of my details including my b-day and cc info, which i gave him. Now i havent heard back yet and my heart is palpatating because i am not sure who i just gave all of my personal info plus cc info to..

3 REPLIES 3

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@KarenTL wrote:

Ok so first off i am new here so please don't bash me for this question but i couldn't activate my new sim card and set up my account. I was getting an error message so i sent a private message to the moderator group. Someone emails me back and says he can set me up but needs all of my details including my b-day and cc info, which i gave him. Now i havent heard back yet and my heart is palpatating because i am not sure who i just gave all of my personal info plus cc info to..

Hi @KarenTL Welcome to Public Mobile!

Yes, the moderators are Public Mobile representatives.  

When did you give your personal details to this moderator?  It is easy to set up an account, so if it is more than an hour, I suggest to send that moderator a followup message.

Also check the email address you provided this moderator.  Do you see a Welcome email looking like this?  

welcome email -2.png

If you do, then activation is complete.  If not, hopefully the moderator is still working on setting up your account.

Please keep us posted

RosieR

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@KarenTL wrote:

Yes, Moderators are employed by Public Mobile, as long as the person you message had MOD by their name you were contacting the correct group.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, Moderators are Public Mobile employees.

They work via the Community to assist customers as the first-line of company support, other than other Community members who are just customers like you and I.

EDIT:   Just make sure they have this after their Username, and you can be sure they are Public Mobile employees:

HALIMACS_0-1617917864169.png

Need Help? Let's chat.