cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed messeges

Lonetreejim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My renewal date is today.  Been a PM customer for nearly 2 years.

I got a text this morning saying I had renewed and my referral, loyalty and autopay credits were applied.

got another text about 5 minutes ago saying my payment was refused and my account suspended.  Tried logging into my account page but it just times out.

ideas?

14 REPLIES 14

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

or no service, no pay no service! 😂

@Lonetreejim  LoL

PM policy... No Pay .. NO SERVICE!! 

Good catch,  @Lonetreejim 

You would think a company would put more resources on ensuring timely payment with a well-functioning auto-pay system.

Lonetreejim

Even though the auto-renew was broken the auto-suspend system is working fine.

@HALIMACS  as a minimum.. the system should know their autopay failed, PM should give them an automatic 7 days extension so their service won't be interrupted ..

familyq

same! with 3/4 of my family members accounts as well /: I just paid through 611 as the website is not working well and slow.

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Exactly the same scenario with me 

@Lonetreejim wrote:

I got a text this morning saying I had renewed and my referral, loyalty and autopay credits were applied.

got another text about 5 minutes ago saying my payment was refused and my account suspended.  Tried logging into my account page but it just times out.

ideas?

Rewards are added to the account blance before payment is taken for the plan. That's why despite autopay payment failed, you still got a message about getting your rewards.

Fully agree, @Lonetreejim 

All the customers who faced auto-pay failures deserve better for this.

I hope PM recognizes them with either a free 1 GB of data, or a $5-$10 credit placed in their Available Balance.

This shouldn't have occurred, whatever did.

Lonetreejim

Because I’m retired, and it’s a holiday, and Ontario is in lockdown, I was able to out-wait the Public Mobile self-serve website and perform a manual payment.

Don’t know why it didn’t go through in the first place.  I’ll keep an eye on it next month.

BTW, Safari just timed out but FireFox was able to wait out the server.

We deserve better!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lonetreejim 

If you have NO SERVICES, I would consider picking up a Public Mobile payment voucher equivalent to your full plan amount at a store location near you and apply it via dialing *611 from your device.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lonetreejim  While you're waiting for the moderators to respond, check out Fongo and TextNow as backup for calling/texting.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lonetreejim wrote:

ideas?

@Lonetreejim 

Autopay failures left and right today. As @hairbag1 posted you should be okay once you manually make a payment (by calling 611 or through Self Serve, if you can get that working for you today).

But I would also suggest to let the Moderators know about this. 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lonetreejim....

dial 611 for status update on your account. You can also pay for your renewal, but you need your pin number.

Keep us posted.

Make sure your credit card / debit card is current and correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.