cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Funds - Double Payment - Not reflected on account

sauderc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was unsure if the payment was going to bounce so I loaded a payment to the account and then the auto pay removed the payment from my account a few day later.

It says in the fine print that if there are no available funds on the account it will take the auto pay but if there are funds on the account it will not take the auto pay.

There was $27 available on the account then the auto pay took $27 from my account and now there are $0 in available funds on the account. Where did $27 go? How do I get that back? Who can I contact?

10 REPLIES 10

@sauderc, other than using a VisaDebit card, to access your bank account, there is no other way to have your bank account pay the bill for you, as Public Mobile doesn't offer a Preapproved Payment option.

The only way payment is added is via the AutoPay (which *should* skip when balance available), manual top-up by credit card/VisaDebit/voucher payment.

If AutoPay did pull from your bank account, then something is wrong.  Have you had a moderator contact you yet?

@sauderc wrote:

@NDesai @CS_Agent @stonechucker @missorange 

After comparing my bank statements and public mobile payment history side by side. It looks like the auto pay autonomously took the payment out of my bank account with out acknowledging there were already funds in the public mobile account and the autopay payment today has not uploaded to public mobile page yet but is out of my bank account.

So now its going to be a month ahead of its self I guess.

I sent them a private message, thanks for your help.

That's strange! The system is set to accurately subtract the Available Balance and the rewards before renewing the account. So i am not sure why it still charged you the full amount again when you did not change anything. Please update us on what happened when you get this sorted out with the mod team. 

sauderc

@NDesai @CS_Agent @stonechucker @missorange 

After comparing my bank statements and public mobile payment history side by side. It looks like the auto pay autonomously took the payment out of my bank account with out acknowledging there were already funds in the public mobile account and the autopay payment today has not uploaded to public mobile page yet but is out of my bank account.

So now its going to be a month ahead of its self I guess.

I sent them a private message, thanks for your help.

sauderc

@CS_Agent 

Already sent. Thanks

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

it is interesting, if the available fund has a balance, the auto pay should not take any money from the card. if you did not do any plan changes. you need to contact MOD as above to click the link.

sauderc

@stonechucker I uploaded a payment on the 17th and the auto pay was taken today the 20th, yes hours apart but more than 24 of them..

sauderc

I uploaded a payment on the 17th and the auto pay was taken today the 20th, yes hours apart but more than 24 of them..

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @sauderc,

We recognize the importance of resolving your concern about the payment made, However in order to assist you in an easier manner, Please feel free to send us an private message, so we can verify your account and have a better picture of the situation. 

Follow the link Below: 

Private Message

We look forward to hear from you without delay

Roxana_L 

Public Mobile Moderator Team 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@sauderc  The amount you topped up was probably used up for your renewal. Confirm your renewal date and the current status of your account/service. Have a look at the Payment History in your self-serve account and it will show you what happened to the amount you added. You can post a screenshot of your payment history so we can better understand what happened. Be sure to hide any personal info. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@sauderc, providing a screenshot of your Payment History would help us figure out what's going on, but it sounds like to me, your manual top-up and the AutoPay possibly happened within a few hours of each other, rather than the 'few days' later you've spoken of in your message.

Refunds generally take over 30 days to process, so if the double charge as you call it has happened, the funds should be sitting in the Available balance for next cycle.

Is there a chance you've done a plan change, or purchased some add-ons for usage, that you've not mentioned?

Sending a message to the Moderator_Team (the envelope icon in the upper right corner of all Community Pages) via private messaging will get an employee of Public Mobile to address the refund.

Need Help? Let's chat.