cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May one credit card be used for several phones?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

May one credit card be used for several phones if yes how is it done?

Have tried to do this but get message something like ---credit card already registered to other account.

6 REPLIES 6

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes you can have multiple accounts with one CC. Because of fraud, you need to setup the simcard on different days so it charges the CC on different days, I would do it minimum of 2 or 3 days apart.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BEER 

It is better to activate account on different date if you are planning to use the same credit card to pay for PM plan fee.  There may a risk to trigger credit card fraud detection system if PM is trying to withdraw fund multiple times from your cc within short period time.

@BEER just enter the card exactly like it is in on the working account. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER  - That should be possible.  We have it set up that way.  Have never seen that message.  You might want to re-try after clearing your browser cache, or using your browser in incognito/private mode.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@BEERIs this during activation?

"The only issues that I have read about with a credit card on multiple accounts was during activation. And those were allowed to switch cards after account setup"

@will13am wrote:

I can confirm that, but it has been over 2 years since I ran into the issue.  I cannot confirm whether the problem is fixed or not.  The issue was only during activation.  I tried activating 3 times over a stretch of many days using the same credite card and it just would not work.  I ended up using a second card to active the third account.  Once activated, I had no problems switching the third account to the same card.  The behavior defies logic.  Each account is unique and can carry only one plan.  With this amount of segregation, why does the system care what other accounts are using as the credit card. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to log into your self serve account to register the credit card.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

Need Help? Let's chat.