cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Manual payment "Other amount" vs "Amount due"

@computergeek541Good point, its not even me that would have to call. He hates doing things so him having to call the bank would probably spoil his milk and leave the void in my stomach empty and craving mcdonalds. Will definitely do few tries next time.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I do other amount all the time and it works fine. The amount due seems to not include any reward credits so I just manually top up what is actually due and that seems to have worked a few times for me with the most recent being yesterday.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

Using the existing autopay credit card that is already on file and working, we tried to do manual top up. No info was changed, updated, replaced or manually entered in besides $ value to top up.

Account balance $31, amount due $59. Renewal date Feb 16th. ($90/90 day plan for one of my referrals) This was not my account, but I was with the owner, at their home, trying to top up.

1st attempt- Credit card on file. Select "Other amount" $300- declined

tried different browser, cache, computer etc. so actually a couple more attempts here

2nd attempt-Credit card on file. Select "Other amount" $200- declined

3rd attempt- Credit card on file. Select "Other amount" $100- declined

4th attempt- Credit card on file. Select "Other amount" $59 -  declined

5th attempt- Credit card on file. Select "Other amount" $10  - declined

6th attempt- Credit card on file. Select "Amount due"   $59 -  completed

7th attempt- Credit card on file. Select "Other amount" $10  - declined

8th attempt- Credit card on file. Select "Other amount" $100- declined

I know, we can buy a voucher, I know the service is running so its not an issue at the moment, but any ideas why this would happen? If it was an issue with the card / address it should not have worked on "amount due, so what the heck is different about selecting "Amount due" vs "Other amount"? Why would one decline but the other work?

I have done manual top ups with my CC on autopay file for $10, $5, and $1 for my account, my brothers account and my wifes without issue. There is, in my opinion, an issue there and like @computergeek541 mentioned it is probably with PM. I say that because there shouldn't be any way for the CC company to know what is actually due on the account to restrict debit to that exact amount.

Mayor / Maire

But don't we all find it curious that some people report seeing some mention of a parking garage or something after using their cc?

Some other data is being transmitted/interpreted. Some credit cards break down on the bill what kind of purchase was made. I find that kind of freaky too. So maybe this particular cc has some built-in restrictions on what is being charged where. I dunno.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

But don't we all find it curious that some people report seeing some mention of a parking garage or something after using their cc?

Some other data is being transmitted/interpreted. Some credit cards break down on the bill what kind of purchase was made. I find that kind of freaky too. So maybe this particular cc has some built-in restrictions on what is being charged where. I dunno.

True, maybe. Seems like a very odd restriction though.

EDIT" but with that being said what they experienced was very odd too!