cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual payment from available funds?

saint-roch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't have a credit card or AutoPay set up on my account (for personal reasons). I do have money remaining in my account, but I don't see an option to manually make a payment using funds from my account balance.

(Only options appear to be to use either a credit card or a payment voucher.)

Does anyone have experience with this situation and will the system take the payment from my account balance on renewal date? Or is there no way to assign funds to a payment, either manually or automatically?

6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc: I'm going to take you up on your pre-paid credit card idea for autopay. That way the credit card I currently have would never be seen. Like it.

@AnonymousI am under the impression it only works with certain gift cards, I heard something about visa gift card working the same way as visa debit. I only know that specific canada post visa card works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saint-roch wrote:

Thanks! This is the first payment date (just got service in November) and I wasn't sure if it would take a payment from the funds available if no other form of payment was made.

I think we all go through this anxiety for our first renewal on a new service. I know I did.

From about 7pm ET on through overnight and you log in to your self-serve...DON'T PANIC! 🙂 It will say all kinds of terrible warnings. As long as you have enough Available Funds just let it do its thing and your service should keep working through it all.

@RobertQc: I'm going to take you up on your pre-paid credit card idea for autopay. That way the credit card I currently have would never be seen. Like it.

@saint-roch wrote:

Thanks! This is the first payment date (just got service in November) and I wasn't sure if it would take a payment from the funds available if no other form of payment was made.

@saint-rochAnyone can set up auto-pay for $2 reward without needing a real credit card. Go to the canada post, Buy a pre-paid $10 visa card (or lowest denominations). Set up auto-pay on the gift card. (It works, I have done it) then do a one time payment of $10 (or whatever size you got ) to use up the funds on the card. Put the visa card in the trash but leave the visa card associated with the account and auto-pay enabled. You now will get the auto-pay bonus, there will only be a failure if your public mobile account funds run dry and it attempts to use that gift card that no longer has funds available.

autopay GIFT CARD.png

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

saint-roch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@saint-roch wrote:

Does anyone have experience with this situation and will the system take the payment from my account balance on renewal date?

@saint-rochYes it will. 100%.

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

@saint-roch wrote:

I don't have a credit card or AutoPay set up on my account (for personal reasons). I do have money remaining in my account, but I don't see an option to manually make a payment using funds from my account balance.

You can make a manual one time payment. Click "Make a payment" in self serve. Then select "Other amount"

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have Enough Money for your Plan in your Available Balance you do not have to do anything. The payment will Automatically come out of the Balance 

Need Help? Let's chat.