cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing AutoPay

eon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning,

I m a little confused on how AutoPay works. 
Does it only automatically apply payments from my 'balance', as opposed to charging my credit card? If so, I have to keep adding to my 'balance' every month? vs having the payment simply hit my credit card monthly?

Just curious... the former seems a little unnecessary as I have to set a monthly reminder to add funds.

Thanks,

Eon

7 REPLIES 7

@eon, I have removed the solution from your final post in the tread as 1, your post wasn't the solution, and 2, self-solutions are frowned upon by the community as they are used to calculate Community Rewards that are earned monthly, for discounts on your plan.

Other members in this thread have supplied posts that have provided the solution.  Please mark one of those as the proper solution.

eon

Got it, thanks!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@eon wrote:

Got it, thanks.

About 2 months ago, the service stopped working. Caught me totally by surprise. I logged into the portal and relaized my balance was zero and the paymeny hadn't been taken from my CC. A glitch, possibly? 🙂

more frequent than it should be.  that why some people manually top up before renewal. some people have neer exeerienced the issue while others several times. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@eon yes unfortunately a little to often especially when changing a plan I usually buy a voucher to make sure funds are in there I still get the 2 dollar autopay

eon

Got it, thanks.

About 2 months ago, the service stopped working. Caught me totally by surprise. I logged into the portal and relaized my balance was zero and the paymeny hadn't been taken from my CC. A glitch, possibly? 🙂

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@eon wrote:

Good morning,

I m a little confused on how AutoPay works. 
Does it only automatically apply payments from my 'balance', as opposed to charging my credit card? If so, I have to keep adding to my 'balance' every month? vs having the payment simply hit my credit card monthly?

Just curious... the former seems a little unnecessary as I have to set a monthly reminder to add funds.

Thanks,

Eon

@eon, public mobile is not *monthly*, but rather every 30- or 90-day cycle.  The AutoPay *should* work taking the required top-up amount from your card, *IF* you don't top-up on or before the payment date.

Whether you top-up early or not, you'll still get the $2 reward, regardless of which payment method you use.

Edited by stonechucker to correct a small typo!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@eon hi when you have a cc on file that is autopay at renewal your payment is taken from your cc and you are rewarded 2 dollars any available funds you have will be taken first

Need Help? Let's chat.