cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a Payment

Nickidu492
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
What happens if I get ODSP (Disability) check on September 30th but my phone is due September 18th..... and need my phone to call into court if I don't call in I can end up in jail for a Breach.....
8 REPLIES 8

ruckuschica
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not entirely sure, tbh. There's a cap on what they'll pay for living expenses so I'd imagine they'd pay up to that cap. My mom's cell phone bill is $25 and ODSP pays the full amount. 

@ruckuschica wrote:

Little known fact: If you live in an apartment building and your cell phone is used for the intercom and to unlock the main entrance, ODSP will pay for that. The caveat is that if you're already receiving the max amount, they won't give you more on top of that.

Good luck!

how much will they pay for? 

@ruckuschica 

Thats pretty much the same in bc.....if your rent is less than $375 you may recieve the extra to put towards gas and electricity and max $20 for your phone bill.

ruckuschica
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Little known fact: If you live in an apartment building and your cell phone is used for the intercom and to unlock the main entrance, ODSP will pay for that. The caveat is that if you're already receiving the max amount, they won't give you more on top of that.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nickidu492 : I can't fathom what the heck all of the above will or can do. Your services will stop. A voip app like the Fongo mentioned or TextNow would be a good choice but only if you have a wifi connection somewhere like home or shops. They're really handy actually. You almost don't need cell service if you can reasonably access wifi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nickidu492 

for ODSP (Disability) the Payments are made available to you on the last business day of each month

For example, January 2021 payments are made available on January 29, 2021.

Benefit Month Payment Date

December, 2020December 22, 2020
JanuaryJanuary 29, 2021
FebruaryFebruary 26, 2021
MarchMarch 31, 2021
AprilApril 30, 2021
MayMay 31, 2021
JuneJune 30, 2021
JulyJuly 30, 2021
AugustAugust 31, 2021
SeptemberSeptember 29, 2021
OctoberOctober 29, 2021
NovemberNovember 30, 2021
DecemberTBD

my option to you try to Contact Customer Support Agent by  , Explain your issue  
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

you have to make a request to higher Team management @Jade_S 
they can move your payment cycle to in 05 - october - 2021 and i hope they will help you...
and you will make payment for each monthly you have a money to pay your bill,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nickidu492 wrote:
What happens if I get ODSP (Disability) check on September 30th but my phone is due September 18th..... and need my phone to call into court if I don't call in I can end up in jail for a Breach.....

@Nickidu492 

What will happen is: your account will be suspended for 2 days (or until you make a payment of your plan amount).

During this suspended time period, you will not have access to any calling/texting/data services. You will have access to your voicemail.

To reactivate your plan, simply make a manual top up of the plan amount and resume/reactivate your service by calling 611 or through your Self Serve account.

You can be in suspended service for up to 90 days without losing your Public Mobile account / phone number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nickidu492 

Download the fongo app so you can call in while on WiFi.

Edit:

When you do get your check pay for two months service then top up each cheque day so you always have your payment for renewal payment regardless of when you get your cheque.

If you suspend your account via lost/stolen before midnight of your renewal date (Sept 17th) you will maintain active voicemail service. Call your phone number from your fongo number. When it connects press "*" and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin # to access your voicemail. Your rewards won't apply but you can contact customer service to have them applied manually after you renew your plan.

If you don't have a card registered for the $2 autopay reward private message me and I will give you one but you have to pay by voucher because its a vanilla m/c gift card with a $0.10 balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.