cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Payment on Account for Add-on Purchase - PAYMENT NOT PROCESSING

sgbrittain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to add funds to my account to purchase US roaming add-on.  I have autopay and it works fine but I am getting the message below.  I called VISA and my credit card is fine.  Balance is paid.  There are no holds on the account.  They cannot see that Public even tried to authorize my card.  In other words - the problem ain't with my credit card.  I am travelling tomorrow. HELP!

Message from Public Mobile site when I try to add $20 to my account using my already registered Visa Card:

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

9 REPLIES 9

Electriczen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have this exact same problem with a mastercard... been trying to get it accepted for a few days now.   A prepaid Visa worked...  Definately something wacky going on with the public mobile credit card processing.  Even tried using different browsers.  Autopay, paying.  nothing.  The card is fine... check with the back and bought stuff recently.  Hopefully this is resolved soon!

sgbrittain

Thanks for the feedback but here's the thing.  The credit card details are long set up in AutoPay.  Every month Public hits my account for the plan fees and it works just fine.   Because the Public payment system would not use the same credit card details to bill the roaming add-on I had to go to recharge.com and pay what amount to a 13% service fee.  That's ridiculous.

@sgbrittain wrote:

Thanks all ... recharge.com worked but as far as I'm concerned Public Mobile owes me the $2.59 fee that recharge collected.  There is no reason a valid credit card payment should not process every time.  If you're gonna be online only ... then you better BE online!

Depending on the area code of your phone number, the use of recharge.com may actually be cheaper as there is a service charge but no tax.  When trying to get your credit card to work in the self serve, it can be finicky sometimes.  If you live in an apartment, leave the unit number field blank.  Also postal code is entered with no space in the middle. 

sgbrittain

Thanks all ... recharge.com worked but as far as I'm concerned Public Mobile owes me the $2.59 fee that recharge collected.  There is no reason a valid credit card payment should not process every time.  If you're gonna be online only ... then you better BE online!

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sgbrittain 

You recieve the voucher number..enter it..usually instanly adds the funds..quite reliable

Dunkgirl

@sgbrittain wrote:

Thanks.  How fast is recharge.com?  If I buy right now will the funds be in my account right away?  Is there any delay?

@sgbrittain  Voucher from recharge.com should be able to be used within 15 minutes

sgbrittain

Thanks.  How fast is recharge.com?  If I buy right now will the funds be in my account right away?  Is there any delay?

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think you need to message the moderators about this.

As a last resort, you can purchase a voucher from recharge.com and add monies to your account that way. But a few people seem to be having the same problem with credit cards lately - this is just weird, and quite probably a system glitch.

Metal1967

@sgbrittain 

You could buy a voucher from recharge.com to add funds quickly to purchase your add on.

Need Help? Let's chat.