cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a mistake updating my credit card - autopay

erotavlas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just replaced my credit card info in the 'Manage your credit card' option

But when I submitted it I noticed I made a mistake in the address.  I selected YK instead of ON for province but everything else was correct.  I tried to go back and update it again but it wouldn't let me.  Is this a problem?

WHat should I do?

9 REPLIES 9

coffee

@mimmo wrote:

Try adding 1$ to the account. If it adds funds then you could be fine.

Tha's so cool - thought that only full monthly fee was alowed to top up - Thank you for this info.

erotavlas

Thanks, I was able to access the 'Mange' option and replace the existing card with a new one with correct address after signing in with another browser an hour later. 

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is definitely better to update with the right address. In general, as credit card transactions process, they will validate the address you have entered against the address you have on file with the credit card company.  This is to help prevent fraud.  Good luck -- let us know if you are able to update!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_Verification_System

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Try adding 1$ to the account. If it adds funds then you could be fine.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I forgot to mention, leave out apartment number in the address.  Some people have reported that entering something in that field causes the system to reject the credit card change. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@erotavlas

When yout attempt to change your credit card information and it does not let you. What exactly is happening?

The more details you provide the easier it will be for other forum members to assist you.

Do you receive an error? If so, what kind of error?

I hope you can get a resolution to the issue.

erotavlas

It's not until Nov 13, so I still have lots of time.  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When is the next time your account renews? If you have a fews days before that happens, just wait a day and change your credit info again.  

Or try another browser or incognito mode.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@erotavlas, try clearing the browser cache and giving it another try maybe in an hour or so.  Use a two step process, remove existing card and then add it back.  It is hard to say what could happen come payment time with a wrong address.  Obviously it is best to have the right information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.