cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for clarification: voucher expiry

bunbun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm considering buying a few hundred dollars worth of payment vouchers to apply to my account. The online terms of service says that funds applied to your account don't expire so long as you have an active plan (which I do; I currently pay for my plan with auto-pay), but I'm nervous to do this because the payment voucher itself says "The payment value is valid for 90 days, as long as you account is active."

Do the funds expire after 90 days without an active plan, is that all it's saying? Once applied to an active account that has an active rate plan, are they valid forever until used up?

Thank you in advance for any assistance that can be offered!

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunbun: I suspect cavemantoronto touched on the possible nuance you're saying. Maybe remitting the voucher is limited to 90 days.

Raf414
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

👍

bunbun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much for your replies, folks! I figured what was on the site was up to date and valid, and if a balance has been around for 90 plus days for anyone, then I'm sure it'll be okay to load up my account.

It's my first (and 2nd) time posting but I've been with public mobile for ~1.5 years, the auto pay and loyalty rewards make them the cheapest phone plan that satisfies all my specific wants and needs in a plan. I've switched plans once since using PM, to another PM promo plan that I'm currently grandfathered on that was even cheaper. My loyalty rewards are only gonna go up, so for awhile so it'll take a couple years I figure before any competition can undercut them, so I feel safe in my planned investment Cat Tongue

Thank you again!

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@bunbun wrote:

but I'm nervous to do this because the payment voucher itself says "The payment value is valid for 90 days, as long as you account is active."

Do the funds expire after 90 days without an active plan, is that all it's saying? Once applied to an active account that has an active rate plan, are they valid forever until used up?

It never expires in Publc Mobile as long as the account is still open.  If you go past 90 days of being suspended, account gets closed and balance is lost. Could they mean voucher code needs be used in 90 days?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bunbun 

PM is a prepaid service and no refund if you cancel.  You are creating a long term contract with PM while PM service is month-to-month.

I like PM because of no contract.  Don't lock youself into a long term contract by adding too much fund to your account. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bunbun, I am not aware that account funds are time sensitive.  I think the 90 day was put in there because an inactive (suspended) account will deactivate after 90 days and all funds in the account would be lost.  The statement is somewhat of an oxymoron in that an account with funds would not likely be put into suspension due to lack of funds.  I can tell you based on my own experiences, you don't have to worry that funds will expire after 90 days.  That said, this is not a very good savings account.  Deposits are allowed but no withdrawals.  Be careful with overstocking the funds in the account. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@bunbunIf you account has a positive balance that your 30 day prepaid plan can be paid from, then your account will be active. Unless you enable the Lost/Suspend feature.

There is no refund once you have paid into your account though, so make sure you are going to stick wiht Public Mobile before you commit a lot of cash to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.