cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance charges

Lori287
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is unlimited calling, unlimited texting and 8g of data for Canada and the US. I went to make a call from Canada to the US and got a message that charges would apply. I tried contacting the moderators and after 12 hours still no reply.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DoctorJenny wrote:

UPDATE - Got my answer. It's the person calling in who has to check THEIR plan.

@DoctorJenny the doctor is IN ! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DoctorJenny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on the $25 plan (unlimited in B.C., unlimited text and pictures internationally) and am wondering if friends from the U.S. call me on my new Public Mobile phone will be charged anything?

UPDATE - Got my answer. It's the person calling in who has to check THEIR plan.

@dna2016 wrote:

@Lori287, that is normal, and yes I find that annoying as well, even when you have the service for it that automated message will always play.  So you can disregard it and just stay on the line and let it go through. 

If a 1 is dialed berfore the area code, the message will never be heard.  So that's the other way around it other than just ignoring the message.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lori287, that is normal, and yes I find that annoying as well, even when you have the service for it that automated message will always play.  So you can disregard it and just stay on the line and let it go through.  Good thing is, let's say you didn't have that service and you tried calling, the system wouldn't allow you to make that call because your plan doesn't allow it, so at the end of the day, you don't need to worry about being charged extra.  

dcolb566

You would not be able to make the call if it was long distance and it was not added on for long distance. You can buy a add on package for long distance. The long distance package is great when you are out of your home province and want to make a long distance call. Very inexpensive..

No charges ever apply at Public Mobile unless you've already paid for something.  Public doesn't have any system in place to charge for any services on a per use basis.

Lori287

Thank you for the info.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lori287

So  it's working now?

I had the same messages when I first started with Public Mobile as well. It's a little heads up for people coming from post paid where there could be charges tacked on after when you receive. I don't know how Public Mobile would charge us though since it's prepaid. I guess I have gotten used to the messages now though and I have to really pay attention to catch it.

Had data run out on another family members plan while we were on the road and they were worried and kept asking what would happen if data ran out, would they be charged.

Lori287

Yes, you are right, it was to make sure that the "1" has to be dialled.  

Thank you.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Lori287, you will not be charged for long distance.  This is prepaid service, and if you don't pay ahead for the service, it will not connect.

Did you let the call go through?  Are you sure it said charges will apply or did it say "may apply"?  The message that states may apply is simply a reminder for you to call using 1-area code-phone number as it's not a local (geographic) call.

Need Help? Let's chat.