cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance charged when we have the 200 minute US/Canada long distance add-on.

canilinquiry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We were charge $1.12 for a long distance call we made on March 7 but we have the 200 minute US/Canada long distance add-on. The strange thing is that this charge does not appear on our transaction history but it does appear on our credit card statement. Is there any way to determine why the charge was made?

Thanks,

Doug.

12 REPLIES 12

canilinquiry

Okay. That makes sense now. I went back 30 days, and it is exactly as you described. Thanks!

Oh you were charged $1 after rewards for the following 30 days off your service.

All is good

@canilinquiry welcome to public mobile

This was your first 30 day cycle after joining PM right @canilinquiry? You would have paid the full $15 upon joining. You then would have got a $2 autopay credit for the first month.

According to your payment renewal you had a $12 credit amount ( your $10 refferal bonus + your first $2 autopay reward.). You then got your 2nd $2 autopay reward for a total of $14  in credit. Your credit card was then charged $1 + 12% applicable taxes for a total of  $1.12.

@canilinquiry   PM's payment transaction history is quite confusing, but you will be charged the correct amount on your CC statement.  According to your payment history, you were credited $2 autopay discount, plus another $1 credit for some other reward (maybe loyalty, if you have been with PM for 1 year)?  

Edit:  @gblackma  has it right, the $1 auto top up is your payment.

canilinquiry

So I talked to the user again. Turns out, that is not the number she called. 

I guess I am having problems understanding our transaction history. I see a payment of $1.00 but I also see a payment of $2.00 which not on our statement. Can someone explain to me how the information below adds up to a $1 charge on our card?

Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance

Mar 7, 2020100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
Mar 7, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
Mar 7, 2020Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$1.00 $15.00
Mar 7, 2020AutoPay Reward$2.00 $14.00

@canilinquiry 

Can you please call your credit card and see who actually charged you

If it was public mobile it would say public mobile on your cc bill

Public mobile never charges after, but before providing a service

Thanks

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi Doug

Can you take screenshots of your payment historyhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ 

Black out the personal and account info.

If there was no $1 charge that is legitimate please call you cc and get the transaction number and time charged. Then contact moderators about it

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

@canilinquirywrote:

The credit card charge had the actual phone number that was called. So I am assuming that the charge was related to long distance call

@canilinquiry  Hmm...that does seem strange.  Do you mind posting your payment history leaving out any personal information, of course?

canilinquiry

The credit card charge had the actual phone number that was called. So I am assuming that the charge was related to long distance call.

@gblackma   I would tend to agree with @gblackma   Now that I think about it, I have had a charge of little as $1+tax before on my CC because that was all that was owing after the credits/rewards were factored in.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@canilinquiry This looks like a charge of $1+12% applicable taxes. Is it possible that with credits this is what you owed on your cycle renewal payment date or the difference to buy the add-on? PM doesn't have overages. The call would have cut out if you ran out of minutes. Thanks.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@canilinquiry  You cannot be charged for anything extra as PM is prepaid.  You just don't get to use any service that hasn't been paid for. 

I would double check your transaction history to see if that charge relates to something else.

Edit: If you'd like maybe post your transaction history (minus personal info), we might be able to see what happened.

Need Help? Let's chat.